Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: music in distress

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Need to repair laptop. Problem is the hard drive needs to be erased inorder to repair it and no matter what I try I cant back it up on external without registration code and I'm in the military deployed in Afghanistan with no access to this info. Any suggestions?

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 1:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
which registration code?

prehaps i can be off asistance in backing up your data

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 5:36 pm
I'm not sure. I got the program from a friend and I dont know the registration code. Thats what I'm asked for when I open the program to try to send it to my external. Since I'm deployed, and can't get that info from my friend, I'm afraid that I will lose the program until I get back to the states (which is 10 months away I might add). If there is anything you can suggest it would be greatly appreciated. I read the link you sent me but was unsuccessfull at backing up, opening, and running the program from my external. I can only do this from my laptop.

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:42 pm
do you have any cds or external harddrives you can simply copy your music 2 ?

Inviato Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 8:28 pm
yes, already done it. the only thing i can't back up is virtual dj, along with some other programs but i dont need those, and once my laptop is erased, so will the one thing that i have here in afghanistan to help me pass the time. I have very limited access to the internet, thats why my responses take so long. I appreciate any help that u can offer. Thanks

Inviato Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 4:30 am
do you have the installers for vdj it will be very hard to back up a whole program and its registry files to a hdd ,

you may wish to try this

http://www.freebyte.com/fbbackup/

and aslo type regedit in the run box then on the window that pops up click on file and export registry to file

now you have the program folder backed up and the reg keys , wipe the pc , then place the folders and files back and import the registry in the same way should now work.

Inviato Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 12:06 pm
Tried your idea with that program you mentioned but it didnt help. VDJ was put on my laptop by my friend that I mentioned b4 so I dont have any of the original software. I appreciate all your help but I think its time to face the music so to speak and prepare myself to be without VDJ for the remainder of my deployment here in Afghanistan. Thanks again.
smokin_haze!!!

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 5:16 am
if you purchase it on cd i think they can post to miltary outposts

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 12:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)