Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Latest Setup Pics

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

If you look in my blog, I've just posted the latest pics of my VDJ system. A few may also be very interested in the lighting control I've built into a Gator case which is at the side of my rig in the pics. A lot of hard work went into that lot but I'm very happy with my kit at the moment. Opinions?

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 2:40 pm
looks good man ;) nice setup

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 5:35 pm
Coooool. I don't see any power amplifier.....are those speakers self powered?

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:40 pm
Amps are in a rack underneath, twin amps & an EV crossover. Sounds VERY nice :o)

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:59 pm
i'm very new to VDJ and video, and i just use 1 monitor at the moment....... how do you implement the 2 screen setup ??

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:06 pm
Chuck - you have to have either a mobo that supports dual monitor - with enough memory and GPU to handle the task - or a PCIe vid card that has enough juice to run Dual monitors.

I just changed my mobo - to a ASUS m2npv-vm

This MOBO has dual monitor support, 1 DVI, and choice of - VGA out,or s-vid,or RCA outs.
Also has a nvidia 6150 vid array built in with assignable ram up to 512mb, Once I found that out I bought 2 gigs of ram and maxed out video ram.

I had to borrow a freinds DVI monitor to try it out and it works nice, After a hour of tweaking and set-up I had good solid imagaes and rotations and video effects.

Problem was when I went to Best Buy/Future Shop, I bought a Open box display model Dual input monitor and the DVI input on the monitor didn't work.

I'll take it back tomorrow.

But the Answer to your question before my tale of Woe and Credit card melting is

A Graphics adaptor with DUal monitor support - either integrated or upgrade card.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:34 pm
Put together nicely. Looks good.

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:48 pm
thanks Marcel

Inviato Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 8:33 pm
that's a lot of buttons. at least 4 times as many buttons as my setup

and you should really check out the *other* Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax version of the video. that is, if you can find it.

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 12:15 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Great setup, TopHouse. Tophouse, my question is how did u get 3 video outputs? I saw 2 monitors facing the crowd and one with the vdj gui facing you,

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 9:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 10:28 am
cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Top: That does indeed look like a very well constructed setup, but are your punters playing bingo?

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 1:09 pm
Multi questions answered at once :-

The Multi Monitors

The gfx card is n ATI radeon X1800 GTO2 with 512 of DDR3 and dual outputs (don't foget you NEED dual output anyway if using video) One output goes to MY monitor with the VDJ interface, the other output goes into one of these :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Way-Port-VGA-SVGA-Monitor-Splitter-PSU-SENT-TODAY_W0QQitemZ270095050320QQihZ017QQcategoryZ45341QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

I actually have both versions of the video, I use the 'gay club' version for 'normal' play but i use the 'laser' version and drop all the lights and give a laser show (note the 2 4 colour lasers on the crossbar) It makes them think it's 3D tv LOL I have well in excess of 1500 music videos and can do a full night using nothing but video.

Bingo?

????????????????????????????

Most interest is usually given to the lighting control which houses 2 x Prolight/Acme CA8 controllers, a stairville DMX controller, an EVL microcontroller, a mini dms colour changer controller and a strobe controller. All outputs are then taken from the XLR's on the front panel (shown in photos)

Inviato Sat 03 Mar 07 @ 1:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)