Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Analyzing Files - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Is there a way to have Virtual DJ Analyze all the files, then save it? So that it doesn't take to long to analyze the song?

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 2:16 am
I don't quite get what you're saying Speed.

Do you just want to select all the files at once and "batch" analyze because maybe you're analyzing one at a time right now?

Please clarify.

- VT ConQuest
(Visual Turntablist)

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 2:41 am
i mean, you know how when you select a song you drag it to a player, then it scans the song? Is there a way to have it scan the the whole folder and scan all the songs at once so it doesn't have to scan them when you drag it to a player?

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:02 am
select the file from the tree at the left of the screen and select analyze.

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:06 am

You can scan whole folders yes, even whole drives ;)

Add a folder as favorite, and choose analyse

Or go to top level (local database) and add whole harddrives

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:08 am
will these speed up the process when you load the individual songs?

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:11 am
I found it would load files quicker with my old pc, but it is fast regardless on my macbook pro. What a difference. But it should be faster because the analyzing work is already done.

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:19 am

It will quick up the load, yes..
Files are only analyzed ONCE

The second time you load the track it will load faster, and the progress bar showing is really just showing the progress of load to ram, this second time (no analyze)

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:23 am
ok Thanks guys.... The reason i ask is because I have an iBook G4 .... and it is a little slow at loading the songs. If the song is not fully loaded and it gets to the unloaded portion of the song while playing, it starts to skip.

Other than that, the rest of program runs great!

Thanks again.

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:26 am
dj-in-norway wrote :
The second time you load the track it will load faster, and the progress bar showing is really just showing the progress of load to ram, this second time (no analyze)

Exactly.

You're referring to the "load" time SpeedDemond29, not the "analyze" time (unless the file you are loading has not been analyzed yet in which case that will be slower because it is both loading and analyzing for the first and only time).

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:27 am
I had that same problem with my older pc. Pre analyzing was a plus. Good luck.

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:28 am
thanks man

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:30 am
Now in the Mac version, you do not have an option to analyze the songs on the selected folder like you do on the pc (when you right-click the folder) .... so I just selected and highlighted all the song in the folder and have it analyzing right now.... Also... when they come out with the fix, would I have it re-analze all the songs?

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:35 am
ctrl click on a mac

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 10:48 am
bottomend wrote :
ctrl click on a mac

For right click, yes that's the old method and still the only method if using a one button mouse. Right click has always worked on Mac if you used a 2 button mouse.

On MacBooks and MacBook Pro's, you now only have to place 2 fingers on the trackpad and click with your thumb. That goes for BootCamped windows on a Mac as well.

To enable this feature, simply go to the Apple Menu at the upper left hand side of the dispaly, select SYSTEM PREFERENCES, select KEYBOARD & MOUSE, and check the box next to "Place two fingers on trackpad and click button for secondary click".

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 10:59 am
I had it start analyzing the files, it was taking so long, that I just turned off the screen and let it do its thing over night... Woke up this morning, "The Program VirtualDJ Unexpectedly Quit" I was so p-ed off....

So I wait for the update to run that?

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:38 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
I had it start analyzing the files, it was taking so long, that I just turned off the screen and let it do its thing over night... Woke up this morning, "The Program VirtualDJ Unexpectedly Quit" I was so p-ed off....

So I wait for the update to run that?

2 hypothesis:
* a corrupted file ( 99% of the cases)
* too many files to scan and RAM "explosed" (1%)

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 4:10 pm
I have 1 gig of ram ... If I were to create another user and use that user for DJing purposes, would that help? I can shut off the dock ... if there is anything else or other extensions I can turn off of that user.... (is any of that possible?)

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 4:15 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
I have 1 gig of ram ... If I were to create another user and use that user for DJing purposes, would that help? I can shut off the dock ... if there is anything else or other extensions I can turn off of that user.... (is any of that possible?)

1% of the cases. Please try to find the corrupted file first ;-)

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 4:56 pm
I'm having the same problem. I have 2 external HD's. Identical drives, (200 GB) except the content. The one with the least data ran without a hitch. The other is almost full and at some point shuts down. I wish I knew at what point in the drive it's doing this. Hard to work when I can't read where I'm at. Maybe I should reformat that drive and copy from my backup HD to it again.

Inviato Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 10:08 pm
87%