Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: First night nerves

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've just had the go ahead to play at my local pub next weekend. My first time out. It's gets really busy and they like their house music. My main music taste is vocal and electo house which I will be playing, but I need some ideas on what to play before hand to get them going, my girlfreind has suggested some 80's and 90's classics.

Some ideas and advice would go down a treat, please.

Inviato Tue 29 May 07 @ 1:58 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Read the room Jimmy. Your GF is right start with older stuff and keep an eye on the room. Even though people arent dancing right away they might be bopping their heads and tapping thier toes. Keep at it, use the mic ask for requests and the crowd will lead you as much as you lead them. Also warn the GF ladies love to talk to and touch the DJ. Good luck....

Inviato Tue 29 May 07 @ 4:38 am
Thanks for that advice, TearEmUp. It's a shame that she's coming with me. You know what they say, When the cat's away and all that, lol.

Inviato Tue 29 May 07 @ 6:58 pm
how did it go???
:)

Inviato Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 7:56 am
Yeah it went well I think, plenty of dancing. Started of with some disco which got everyone in the mood. Then went from there. Did a couple of dogdy mixers but no one seem to notice. Laptop froze, Which I got a cheer for, so I had to play a couple of tracks from a minstry of sound cd while I got the laptop re booted then played a hour of some electro and uplifting house. Loved it, but I so tired and drained at the end off it. It's quite hard work.

In 3 words, I LOVE IT.

Inviato Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 5:29 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
good idea to have the cd back up.

Maybe you should make a mix and burn it to CD to keep things going.

As a failsafe make some mixes at different BPM so you can keep the music similar then reboot

Inviato Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 6:37 pm
Yeah good idea.

I was told by one of the pro's to have a back up plan ready just in case the you know what hit the fan.

I'm working on a mix cd at the mo. It seems strange to hear yourself back after a mixing session.

Inviato Fri 08 Jun 07 @ 7:20 pm
Glad it went ok. When I use the MKII I record almost every practice set I play. Keep a stack of cheap CD-Rs around, I would listen to the previous days set on the drive to work. It really stepped up my game.

Inviato Sat 09 Jun 07 @ 8:07 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)