Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: M-audio Xponent Controller - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

mastahkPRO InfinityMember since 2006
guyes!

this controller is pretty good, best i have tried so far. and It is much bigger than i tought.
hopefully Atomix will make it work with virtualdj, the midistuff work but cant get the leds or soundcard to work. torq has some way to go to be on par with virtual dj, still there are some cleaver features in torq that i have yet to see in virtual dj.

Inviato Thu 28 Jun 07 @ 8:24 pm

Inviato Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 11:20 am
Yeah, I`ve been posting some on the torq, forums. I have been using it for a few days now with the torq software.

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 8:41 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mastahk wrote :
Yeah, I`ve been posting some on the torq, forums. I have been using it for a few days now with the torq software.

And how do you find it? Im getting sick of waiting for atomix to sort out the midi issues with vdj and the other issues with the mac version. Really considering jumping ship and going over to m-audio. How id the BPM engine? Is it as good as VDJ?

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 07 @ 11:50 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Patience is a virtue, learn to practice it more ;)
Support will come for this controller.

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 12:10 am
Hi Mastahk,

Can u give us some more indepth feedback about the xponent? I'm sure a lot of folks would like to hear your findings.

How are the jogs? One user reported that he broke both of his (they don't spin freely anymore) doing too much scratching! (1 hour +)

what about button response? are the buttons HID?

Is there any timelag when moving faders, pressing buttons, turning knobs?

Thanks man.

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 5:51 am
Sure,

I have been playing around with the xponent for a few days now. the jogs a just Great!, really great, smooth a big, actually the xponent was much bigger than i tought. I know one guy on the torq forum who had his jogs braking down after a few hours or so. (hopefully a bad unit). the xponent feels and looks really god and tought trough kind of equipment. still plastic, but the faders and butons are really nice and good quality. When using the xponent with torq its ultra fast, no lag at all. I think the xponent are HID like the trigger finger. the only drivers you install for mac and pc are for the sound part. This should have been numrks first controller for virtual vinyl :-). When you turn on the Xponent it auto calibrates itself, when you bush a button it will light up for sometime and fade away again. I hooked it up to virtualdj, selected the xponent in sound setup and got sound instantly. as long as i only mapped buttons virtualdj would not crash, trying to map a fader/knob or even touching the scratch wheel. virtual dj crashed. both jogs are touch sensetive, with lightest touch on the jogs and the music stops. and the x / y midi pad/mouse pad on the xponent are just great for effects, all the effects built in in torq oses quality and are rock solid. Torq in itself has some way to go yet, the browser part is just not good enough compared to virtualdj. the sampler still needs some work, the bpm engine etc. but i will give it a try. Torq has not crashed for me yet. not a hitch! actually. If some of you have any tips on how to map midi stuff without virtualdj crashing, i would like to hear it. Anyone knows when the next realease of Virtualdj for mac is ?. On the other hand torq has some really great creative ideas and stuff put in, like the quickscratch, when you just load a sample to one of the decs with touch of a button, the puch-in button, good semitone adjustment, really good effect part. 6 effects loaded and ready to go. I will stop now, just ask something then I will try to answer it to the best of my knowledge.

If one is needed, I will gladly help to beta test virtualdj on the xponent. I really need to learn the torq software , or get it to work 100% with virtualdj.

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 8:14 am
Mastahk,

Thanks man, you are a mine of useful information. I really appreciate u updating us on your xponent experiences.

You wrote:

Quote :
Torq in itself has some way to go yet, the browser part is just not good enough compared to virtualdj. the sampler still needs some work, the bpm engine etc.

Can u elaborate?
I what ways is the browser not as good as VDJ's?
What is lacking in the sampler?
Are BPM readings incorrect (more than VDJ)?

Inviato Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 10:47 am
I used hercules DJ console& VDJ pro for 1 year and xponent & Torq for few days;

The browser has limited abilities, ii is very smal ans not so easy to use, database is slow.
The sampler recording is not as simple as VDJ.The you cannot do loops sampling as you want , Torq define the length of the sample loops.
The BPM engine is not as good.

Torq seems to be very stable.
Internal mixers of Xponent is good audio quality ( vs poor quality of hercules that cracks when using knobs..)

Appart from that i do enjoy my new controller and learn to use Torq ( wait for VDJ to release MIDI config for Xponent).

Inviato Wed 04 Jul 07 @ 8:51 am
I find torq pretty solid, I have been using torq for a week now, and still enjoys it, It has a lot of potensial, the soundcard works flawlessy with vdj (to my knowledge), I managed to map almost all of the controls to vdj, its aa very fast controller, everything reacts instant. the only thing (and mentioned here before in another thread) is mapping the wheels, just freaks out, and vdj crashes. when i want to map a CC on deck 1, and chooses deck1 in the midi config menu for that particular button its always either deck2 or active deck, seems like there is quite a few bugs in the current release for mac os x. actually i find torq very nice. The manual is second to none, for new djs who are trying to learn the ropes., and people who are still learning. all the leds/buttons and channel output on the xponent are CC notes as far as i understed, the feature that the leds/buttons on the controller flashes in sync with the beat is pretty cool, no problem mixing in the dark. the loop section is configurd like when you want sample a loop section it alway start to
record on the downbeat and stops on a downbeat. but you can make a one shoot loops also and just loop that. ( bit tricky)

theese videos are just great for people who are starting out and people who are still missing some things here and there! (like me) http://www.torq-dj.com/videos/

Inviato Fri 06 Jul 07 @ 7:49 am
Guyes!, tought i just rabble a bit more, I am no midi genious. but is there a way at all to make the jogwheels work ?
If not could some midi guy tell me why it will not work ?. Anyone any idea when this issue will be fixed.

After having been using Xponent and Torq for 2 weeks. Torq could be it. Its not there yet but, its solid, veeery solid. still have a few issues with things that virtualdj does better. Its also fun to learn new software and be able to use it properly. I just wish there would be a Native mapper for Xponent. It could be very good. The controller is just great to work with, solid,sturdy, and lots of buttons to play around with.

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 07 @ 6:34 pm
HI mastahk.

Can you please tell me the dimentions of it. (?)W,(?)D,(?)H.

look on google, online stores. nothing.........
I even download the user manual from m-audio. but nothing.

I post in other forum. too

THANKS

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 3:48 am
Here's another review I found:
http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--MDOXPONENT

P.S. Mastahk, can u comment on jog sensitivity, scratch quality (is the sound very digital? MP3s vs WAVs?), are ur jogs tightening up or is one looser than the other?

Inviato Mon 16 Jul 07 @ 4:25 pm
i don`t have the exact messaures, but 55cm wide 33cm deep and 5cm high, something near that, It was much bigger that i anticiapted, I have been using it for almost a month now, Its really stable, and i think the controller is just awsome, you can adjust the scratch sens and nudge sense in torq. both jogs are really smooth and works great, haven't experienced any of the known problems, I think there has been a few issues with the jogs on some controllers, but m-audio have stepped up and replaced the quicky. I won't even compare it to the bcd2000, (I havent tried the 3000 yet) my 2000 have been broken for sometime (worn out) and it's really a pice of junk compared togheter. I just happen to think that Torq is a damn fine software.. Would be nice to try out a new vdj soon with the xponent.

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 9:41 am
It's a big b********, isn't it?

I was pretty convinced that I was going to buy one of these, then I realised that it doesn't have a microphone input. I really need to have a mic input because I talk to my audience.

I was hoping to avoid having a mixer and just patch the xponent through my art cleanbox http://www.boomerangsounds.co.uk/product.php?xProd=274
and then on to my Mackie SRM450s. It would have been a nice compact setup for smaller gigs. Unfortunately, if I have to carry a mixer, what's the point in all the eqs and the crossfader on the xponent. I think it is a real mistake from M-Audio to have a device with an internal soundcard and no Mic input.

Can anyone think of another way to do it?

A

Inviato Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 11:58 am
Hi.
I plan to do this set up when virtual dj support the Xponent. And it have mic. too.

-Xponent. (control & sound card)

-Hp dv6000t. (laptop)

-Rolls Mixmate mix152 (mini-mixer)

Only thing you have to do. Is pass the sound by the minimixer. then you have 4 more line inputs. and plus 2 microfones inputs. use the minimixer to route the signal only. and its very sheap.and compact for mobile dj.

Hope this help

DJCHOPIN

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 2:04 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you will need virtual dj pro to use it :)

it is supported in all ways , apart from the volume leds which need a native mapper

Inviato Fri 27 Jul 07 @ 2:46 am
[quote]you will need virtual dj pro to use it :)

it is supported in all ways , apart from the volume leds which need a native mapper/[quote]

Torq xponent supported in all ways????Even the jogwheels???It is possible to scratch???Cause I had heard that it was difficult to map the jogwheels

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 12:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i already replied to this on your other topic :)

Inviato Thu 09 Aug 07 @ 1:41 pm
i did some mapping on virtual dj with my xponent. i was able to get the touch sensitive feel on it and also i was able to get it to scratch, but the only problem, the scratches did not come out good as scratching with a mouse. so right now my mappings is "work in progress". once i get the scratches to sound good, then i would say my job is complete. i tried scratching on traktor dj with xponent and it sounded like the real thing. i did some unbelievable scratches on traktor dj with it. is there anyone who have tried to tweak the scratching on virtual dj with xponent........

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 4:08 am
77%