Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ion ICJ01

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Does anyone know if the ION ICJ01 mixer is compatible with virtual dj pro? And if not which is the best soundcard to purchase? thanks

Inviato Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 3:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it will and actualy comes with a free copy of limited edition

it has two soundcards in it already in it one for each deck ,

note that this not a midi mixer , it is only mixing the output of the soundcards

Inviato Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 1:04 pm
I have a similar question.
I have had the ICJ01 for a few years now and am testing controllers for various interests and am wondering if this soundcard will work similar to the way it does in VirtualDJ if i try to use it with CUE LE.

I guess my question is really for CUE LE software and i have read around here that it is "the same" as virtual dj.

If im barking up the wrong tree, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Inviato Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 4:17 pm
You will need the Full Cue or Virtual DJ pro to use an external mixer.

Cue LE is only Authorized by a ICUE, TOTAL CONTROL or DMC2 and is designed to be used with DJIO or 4.1 card.

Inviato Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 5:13 am
Is it possible to use the CUE LE with the ICUE and the ICJ01?

Inviato Wed 29 Jul 09 @ 9:37 am
nachtinis wrote :
Is it possible to use the CUE LE with the ICUE and the ICJ01?

As the Icue is a mixer the Cue LE software does not support external mixers.

You would need to purchase Full Virtual DJ or Numark Cue if you would like to use this product with the Ion Mixer.

Alternatively you could look at other software which supports two soundcard output.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 6:55 am
I appreciate your concern over me purchasing your full versions but i went out and tested anyways. What i found out was the technical operations of the device ICJ01 and how it pertains to soundcards.

What i DID in fact find was that it CAN be used as an external soundcard only and that the mixer functions of the device itself only serve to switch between the channels in the soundcards themselves and how it was designed to work seems to be as such (correct anything wrong here plz).

The ICJ01 has 2 sound cards in it that map 2 outputs per card, the channel (left or right) plus the mapping to the headphones. Each channel is switched on the device hardware to isolate that channel or to send the "mix" to the headphones, therefore if the switch is set to the other channel, then the headphones get ouput from that channel too when the switch is placed i nthe correct position. HOWEVER this is only in support of the two channels of sound being sent directly to the individual cards not being mixed in the software as is true with CUE LE. With VirtualDJ LE for the original ICJ01, it was capable of sending each channel the sound to be mixed externally on the ICJ01. With CUE LE the mixing is all done in the software and the headphone and master mix output is the same on that device because that is ALL that is being sent to the device.

HOWEVER, i have discovered that if i set the sound settings to output to headphone and then set the dual soundcard setting to output the headphone to a DIFFERENT sound card other than the ICJ01, i can still get the main mix going to the ICJ01 and have the cue mix go to the headphones.

Additionally there is a microphone input on the ICJ01 that works identicle to both channels and sends a mic signal back to the OS as a USB mic and that there is also a master mix output going back to the OS on the other card. This is something that is unrelated to the software operations of the CUELE and VIRTUALDJLE as they pertain to the software mix.

So my conclusion is that the ICJ01 CAN be used as an external set of sound cards only (for the CUE LE), but because of the way it is built, it cannot be used effectively to enable a cued headphone as the main mix is always present on the headphones as that is all that was being sent to the ICJ01. Now in the full version of the software, you seem to be telling me that the dual output to the mixer on both of the USB channels to the ICJ01 can be enabled but is not something that is capable of being setup in CUE LE?

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:28 am
As a representative of Ion/Numark I can confirm that the Cue LE or Virtual DJ home software will not allow you to use it as an external USB mixer.

CUE LE is exclusively for controllers which are a replacement for a mixer thus does not support other mixers.

This is only available with the Cue LE which ships with the DMC2.

Virtual DJ pro or Numark Cue [as it is known boxed] has presets for external mixers which will allow you to configure the two cards.

You could either use an Icue if you would like to use Cue LE without the mixer or get a copy of VDJ pro / Cue.

I hope that helps clarify.

Inviato Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 3:22 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)