Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: songs playing at wrong speed

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

xspotxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
okay so i've got

- an ibook running the vdj beta 5 rev 3,
- tcvs
- u46dj

everything installed with aggregate device, latest control panel & mac os X version etc.

the tracks are loaded with the usual bpm showing, but the songs play wayyy too slow. i tried 33 rpm and 45 rpm settings, but that didn't help either.

please help!

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 3:10 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do u have 100 percent signal on ur tcv? What is ur setting in the timescodes config?

Also try put performance slide in the config to best. Hope that help;)

Inviato Sat 15 Dec 07 @ 5:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sounds like you have the wrong latency set , try setting to auto on performances

and how does the wave form look big small none?

Inviato Sat 15 Dec 07 @ 5:28 pm
i have 0% timecode signal. the wave in the tc signal window is pretty big, looks like it's way too high in amplitude. if i press "auto-config", for the tcv setting, the program crashes in almost all cases.i tried manually lowering the gain, but that didn't change anything either.

changing the latency settings to auto didn't help either. if i put the performance presets slide on "best quality" (5ms) it's playing at this awful low speed, and if i put it on anything higher (11-23ms), the software isn't even picking up the TC signal. the performance menu is quite confusing by the way - shouldn't "best quality" mean high latency (23ms) and therefore a better buffer compared to the "fastest" (5ms)? in the software it appears as if it's the other way around.

Inviato Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 2:31 pm
Check this first, make sure u plug in the rca into the phono of ur external mixer not line n in ur soundcard see whether there is an option to make the input to phono instead of line. ( i dun use u46dj so i not sure if there an option). And make sure the cables are good n not loose. Groung ur TT on the mixer. After that try auto config again. Let see if that help;)

Inviato Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 10:10 pm
N may i koe what TT u using?

Inviato Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 6:40 am
i got technics mk5s (weee). regarding the soundcard setup, i have changed no cables whatsover from my working virtualdj on pc setup, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 4:03 pm
That strange..

The technics is great but could u also check if it in 33/45 rpm mode. Prefer it to 33 as most LP is in 33 1/3 rpm. Also in the timecode setting, make sure it the same n also at option at the sound config, specify the disc is 33 rpm.

And if all that failed...

Could u put up a screenshot of ur timecode setting.

Thanks;)

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 12:19 am
i have exactly the same problem/ I just switched to mac, i have been using tis VDJ for years.
On my opinion there is something wrong with the USB card.

Inviato Fri 29 May 09 @ 9:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)