Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crash after 5hrs - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If so, how would I put that right?

Re-scan?

Inviato Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 2:21 pm
OK,.....by buying an AGP graphics card and putting it in my PC, will XP definitely reassign a different IRQ number? Or is there a chance it could still share IRQ16. Having read IRQ threads in this forum, it sounds like this is where my problem lies. Please can anyone shed some light on the subject of having dedicated sound and gaphics card with different IRQ numbers for this problem to go away. Does anyone have a dedicated soundcard and ONBOARD graphics (VIA) with VDJ running smoothly? I need to eliminate as much as I can to resolve this.
Thanks

Inviato Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 4:44 pm
Had the same problem last night. After about 5 hrs. the screen froze and the music stopped. Thank GOD I had a desktop PC as backup (Never Leave Home Without It), not until they perfect this program. I was running version 2.06 on a laptop, sitting about 1 and half inches on top of a CHILL PAD with two fans, HERCULES DJ CONSOLE. Loptop running Windows XP, 1GB of memory, Pentium 4, 3.0GZ. Don't have any idea why it stopped. I closed the program, re-opened it and it started to work again, except that it now analyzed my songs much slower than before. Any ideas?

Inviato Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 4:20 am
I too have seen the program crash after an indeterminate amout of time. They need to fix this then the program will be perfect

Inviato Sun 05 Dec 04 @ 7:08 pm
mafariHome userMember since 2004
wainting for 2.07......:)

Inviato Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 6:25 pm
Any possiblity that you have bad mp3 files that are causing the crash? I have had this thing going for many hours without a problem. I wish I had an answer for you. Anyone have any ideas?

Inviato Thu 23 Dec 04 @ 10:42 pm
Yeah i do these problems are caused by memory leak............(ohoh)
Check your commit charge at the beginning and end of your sessions
It doesnt give back all !!!! this is why your crash comes with long usage
just use smaller files and you will not have this problem
Try this:do a whole sessions with songs under 5 mins and see if you still crash
Regards
Andre

Inviato Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:28 am
you know. i never use those long remixes as the club dj's do. Maybe that is why I do not experience the crashes.

Inviato Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 11:37 am
Ever since i stopped using those longer mixes all my problems stopped,but i also solved the heat issue

Inviato Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 1:12 pm
Me again......Bringing back this issue as I have been using VDJ for a while now, and my only way to ensure I don't crash after 5hrs continuous use is to re-boot at any opportunity (like the buffet), this has kept me going for now, but I am always anxious case it happens before I can get a break. For teh record again I'm using 1gig ram and an AMD2500+ athlon processor. I have set up VDJ using all of the tweaks I have read on here, I set it on automatic mix at home and leave it. After around 5hrs it stops, the playlist is full, the decks have stopped spinning, the title goes from left to right, the waveform has stopped, but when I close it down its says "the music is still playing". Sorry to bring this back up again but it has never been corrected, like you say, I know it's the pc and not VDJ but please help me to overcome this problem. Thanks.

Inviato Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 7:36 pm
Too add; When VDJ is running, my cpu usage is 2-4% (except when a track loads then it is is 98%), processes running = 21 !! Only 1 program (VDJ is running), PF usage is always between 511 and 536mb. Commit charge 522M/1298M. Is this normal/OK!! I'm clutching at straws now, arrggghhh!! Help!!
Please. Craig.

Inviato Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 11:35 pm
Ok well Commit charge 522M with only vdj running is not normal vdj uses about 180M.
Whats the temp when it crashed??
Andre

Inviato Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 7:58 am
Can you tell me how I go about checking the temp after it crashes. I'll test it tonight then! thanks!

Inviato Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 4:03 pm
OK I've downloaded CPUCool and will install it later to check the CPU temp.

These are the processes running automatically when I have VDJ running, there are 24 in total;
msmsgs.exe 2,116K
ctfmon.exe 2,020K
CTHELPER.EXE 4,964K
CTDVDET.EXE 2,468K
CTSysVol.exe 4,420K
VTTimer.exe 1,660K
explorer.exe 14,532K
MsPMSPSv.exe 1,496K
svchost.exe 2,696K
CTSVCCDA.exe 1,332K
svchost.exe 3,328K
spoolsv.exe 3,536K
raid_tool.exe 3,328K
svchost.exe 18,940K
svchost.exe 2,644K
lsass.exe 1,076K
services.exe 3,876K
winlogon.exe 568K
csrss.exe 2,988K
taskmgr.exe 3,880K
smss.exe 464K
virtualdj.exe 215,360K
System 216K
System Idle Process 20K

Is this OK/Normal. Is there anything there that's making it freeze/crash?

Thanks

Inviato Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 7:39 pm
Anyone?
These two share the same IRQ number, is this anything to do with the problems I am getting. I cannot change the slot for my Soundblaster card because I have only 1!

IRQ 16 VIA/S3G KM400/KN400
IRQ 16 Creative SB Audigy

I think the VIA is the onboard graphics.

Thanks

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 12:37 pm
yes the VIA/S3G is the graphic's card. I would recommend looking into the BIOS to see if you can disable the Video IRQ. Some BIOS versions will enable you to do so which will remove the conflict you have with your soundcard. The only other possibility is to manually change the IRQ in the device properties.

DJ White Devil

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 3:43 pm
CHeers mate. I was thinking of putting an AGP (standard) graphics card in, with the intention of this being used ahead of the onboard graphics and subsequently freeing up the IRQ sharing of 16. Am I right in thinking this? Thanks again for your reply.

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 5:03 pm
that might work although even if you disable the onboard video and leave the assigning of an IRQ for the video it might be the BIOS reserving the IRQ 16 for video.

I would suggest maybe trying a card from a friend before buying one unless you plan on getting a better video card. I personally don't care much for a better video card for my DJ computer, just sound.

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 5:19 pm
I am going to try a spare 8mb AGP card which I have kicking around.

So you think that with this card fitted the bios still might assign it IRQ16?

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 5:21 pm
Andre, what should the temperature of the CPU be?
When it last crashed it read 44oC/111oF.
Thanks

Inviato Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 5:50 pm
69%