Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon X500 X-Fader MIDI Mappings

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

All,

Has anyone linked their Denon X-500/900 Crossfader up to VirtualDJ via the MIDI interface?
Mine will be connecting from the X-500 =>HC-4500 => PC

Any ideas?

Thanks-

-=Woody=-

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 12:17 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes I connected my x-900 to my HC-4500 and it works via your midi mapper. 1st, you need to activate the X-Control in your HC-4500 by pushing the memo button and activating it. 2nd, you need to go into the MIDI option (Configuration) in VDJ and choose video crossfade. Move your crossfader and vdj will recongize it as a midi device. For some reason you have to checkmark invert so it reads the crossfader's movement correctly. Hit apply and your good to go.

I'm hoping JPboggis adds this feature into his custom mapper. It's great when your using videos.

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:30 pm
BMAC-

Thanks for the quick and informational response! Mapping it for video crossfading was my #1 goal!

I'll be trying it out this evening.

Thanks again-

-=Woody=-

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:32 pm
Is appears within 5.07 using native DC-4500 support, the X500/900's fader movements are automatically assigned to the Video Crossfader. Unfortunately, there isn't an option to invert, so everything is backwards. Anyone else witnessed this?

-=Woody=-

Inviato Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 2:54 pm
Bumping for anyone who may be experiencing this same issue!

-=Woody=-

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 10:28 am
I've experienced the same thing. I just reverse the audio channels to get the video to match with the sound. Not practical but it works.

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 08 @ 7:36 pm
ynotsenih-

That was my next thought. Just didn't want to take drastic measures unless there was no other fix.
Looks like I'll go ahead and submit a ticket w- VDJ.

-=Woody=-

Inviato Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 8:40 am
Hey All, Just been trying to sort out my X500 crossfader and HC4500, using 5.07 and native support, and as we all know its the wrong way round.
so i was thinking about making my own cable and making it with the wires swapped over to see if that would work?? (any thoughts on that please let me know) but for the mean time, as i'm only using the x fader for video swapping and not for anything else i.e, using it to mix on the mixer, i have found a easy solution, unscrew the x fader and turn it arround. it now works backwards, but the right way round for VDJ.
Its a temp solution but hopefully the new plugin/mapper from JPBoggis will sort it all out.
Hope this helps some of you.

Inviato Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 11:46 am
Tom-

Thanks for the idea about flipping the X-Fader over. That will do for now!

I just want to know who was on what drug when they programmed/tested the native mappings?
They also might not have had a X-500/900 around, therefore just had to guess.

-=Woody=-

Inviato Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 10:30 pm
I've read these post on Mapping the Denon X500 or X900 crossfader with VDJ .7 but I can't seem to find the options that the forum is refering to, where is this option? We use Denon's 4500, X500 & the X900 and can't seem to map the crossfader on neither mixers ... when I go into the MIDI option I don't get a response with the fader while selecting the video crossfader. The option is set to ON in the HC 4500 but nothing happens, now in REFLEX we have no problem with the crossfader. In VDJ .6 we had no problem with this option, can someone please be more detailed on how this option works in the MIDI Config .... Thanx!

Inviato Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 12:03 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I seem to be having the same problem as the person above. I followed the instructions, used the memo button to engage the x-fader control on the 4500, but yet, I don't seem to be getting any response? Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am using the 4500 natively with VDJ. Thanks for any input on this. It's probably just one little button I haven't engaged or something like that. Not sure.

Inviato Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 9:47 pm
Kkorpos,

You probably have not yet made the connection between your Denon x500 and the hc4500. It's hard to believe that this process was not documented better in the 4500 manual. I did read here where it said you need to push in the memo button, but nothing more after that.

Here is what I did.

First, make sure your stereo 1/8 inch cable is connected.

Press and hold the memo button for 2 or 3 seconds.

You will see an option on the screen. Use the "parameters" knob and turn it until you reach Xfader options. Press down on the parameters knob to select it. Turn the parameter knob until you see the on option and press it again to select it.

I hope this helps someone that's new to the Hc4500.

Killabee44

Inviato Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 7:35 pm
NrgPlyrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Let's keep in mind that not everyone uses video. I want to map the crossfader just to simply mix audio! How can I make that happen?

Inviato Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 9:05 am
anybody know how?

Inviato Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 8:19 pm
The X500 is a hardware audio mixer - Simply assign the appropriate channels to each side of the crossfader (E.g: Channels 1 and 2 if you have connected the two outputs from the HC4500 to these two channels of the mixer.) For details on how to assign mixer channels to the crossfader, please see the Denon X500 manual.

To stop the video crossfading, simply turn off the X-control in the Denon HC-4500\'s presets (See the Denon HC4500\'s manual for details) or disconnect the X-control cable.

Inviato Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 12:24 pm
hi , im heavin the seam probl.

I connected the channels of my x500 with my HC4500 for crosfaderstart etc. I turned on my Xcontroll but ik cant set enything else for to start this. Even in the midi config i cant set a vlueau or sommething.
On teh dutch forum they cant help me.
Please give me the right thing to do please.

Chris from Belgium

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 7:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)