Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX And the Headphone Jacks - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello DJ KCee 1,

"DJ KCee 1" wrote :
My setup:
Inputs: Timecodes
Output: Headphones
Soundcard: Rmx
Input Ch: Ch 1&2 lft deck/ch 3&4 rt deck
Output Ch: Master Ch 3&4/Headphone Ch 1&2

I get Master audio out of my speakers, my crossfader works great as do my volume faders. The only problem I seem to have is with the headphone audio. I'm getting the mix audio but not the cue audio (can't hear what I want to play next).
Are there any solutions for this? Sending the audio back out to another mixer would defeat the purpose.

"DJ KCee 1" wrote :
That did not work the way it's supposed to. I should be able to plug my headphones directly into the headphone jacks and be able to control output (cue or mix) to the headphones. Instead I've had to plug my headphones into the rca outputs of 1/2 and 3/4. What's funny is that in this configuration I'm able to use the monitor control knob to go between cue and mix but the headphone volume does not work.
I still would like for it to work the way it's supposed to so if can figure this out that would be great.

I don't understand why you set VirtualDJ in that way since VirtualDJ default setting for DJ Console Rmx is "Output Ch: Master Ch 1&2 / Headphone Ch 3&4", because DJ Console Rmx's headphones outputs and preamplifier are hardwired on channel 3&4, so this default setting in VirtualDJ would let you
- plug your headphones in the headphones plug,
- set your headphones volume with your headphones volume knob.

Your setting (master on output 3-4 and headphones on output 1-2) can also work but:
- the output volume on the RCA output is -10dBv, significant below the volume required on most headphones,
- you have not volume setting on your headphones.

If you have a reason to keep your setting instead of VirtualDJ + DJ Console Rmx default setting, then, to listen the monitoring in your headphones plugged on output 1-2, you should:
- plug your headphones into the jack 1-2 outputs instead of RCA 1-2 (since DJ Console Rmx's jack outputs are 12dB stronger than RCA outputs) and use an in-line volume knob as Koss VC-20 http://www.amazon.com/Koss-155954-VC20-Volume-Control/dp/B00001P4XH to set the volume in your headphones,

- or use an amplifier for heaphones, as Behringer HA-400 http://behringer.de/HA400/index.cfm?lang=ENG .

and if you have no reason to keep your output setting instead of "Output Ch: Master Ch 1&2 / Headphone Ch 3&4", then try with this default output setting.

Inviato Mon 26 May 08 @ 4:53 am
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that in the default mode using Numark Cue, Master Ch 1&2/Headphone Ch 3&4 I have absolutely no audio control via the volume sliders or the crossfader but I had headphone control. I was obviously excited about having fader control in the Master Ch 3&4 config.

So now my problem is: no audio control via the volume sliders or the crossfader. What would the solution for this be?

By the way my wireless headphones have volume control among other things.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-V1mipQyIXl8/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=158MDRF970

Having this kind of control over music and video is amazing

Inviato Wed 28 May 08 @ 7:21 pm
nagodo0Home userMember since 2007
hi i have a rmx console ... i can't hear my mix out of the headphones before playin it ....i cant cue in another song or choose a start point cause all i can hear in my headphones are the ones coming out to the speekers ...any help plz

Inviato Wed 06 May 09 @ 3:53 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
I guess you didn't read the beginning of this post ?

Go to Sound configuration in Virtual DJ and set as below:

Inputs: none
Output: headphones
Sound Card: 4.1
Output channels: Master: Chan 3&4: Headphones: Chan 1&2.

Inviato Thu 07 May 09 @ 8:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)