Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Evaluating Cue 5 - MKV Sync Problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

RPE500Home userMember since 2008
Just registered here, so first I would like to say hi to all members.

I have just downloaded Numark CUE 5 to evaluate as I want to mix videos. Everything works fine (wmv, divx, xvid, mpg, etc) except for Matroska (mkv) videos where the audio and video are out of sync and often the video freezes but the sound continues to play. I can play mkv files OK in other appications like Windows Media Player, Nero ShowTime, etc, but they are not OK in CUE 5.

I would be grateful if anyone can advise on this issue, before commiting to buy the product, as I have a lot of mkv files.

If its possible to convert mkv to xvid then I would also like to know the procedure.

Thanx in advance,

DJ Rob.

Inviato Fri 23 May 08 @ 10:37 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Rob,

Have you gone into the config menu of VDJ and added MKV in the codec section?

Gary

Inviato Fri 23 May 08 @ 11:22 am
RPE500Home userMember since 2008
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I had done that, the files were playing but just out of sync.

I gave up on mkv and converted them all to avi (xvid) using 'River Past Video Cleaner 7.7.1' which has done a great job and the quality IMO is as good as the original mkv files.

DJ Rob.

Inviato Fri 23 May 08 @ 12:10 pm
I am having issues with .mkv videos too. It is not so much a sync thing as the frame rates in vdj are not smooth. They look fine with vlc media player. I have been converting these files to .avi and they play better but I do see a reduction in quality. I have the codecs installed and I added mkv to the list of codecs in vdj, is there anything else the vdj staff or I can do?

Inviato Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 11:03 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've found that some mkv files don't play well, but most do. I've yet to dig into whats up with those files though...

Inviato Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 8:52 pm
oScOOLHome userMember since 2009
i havent lurked so i'm not sure if anyone has suggested this but to solve the stuttering frame issue in vdj/cue i just remux .mkv to .mp4 which is quite simple.
first you use mkvextract, which comes with mkvtoolnix (i think) here http://sourceforge.net/projects/freshmeat_mkvtoolnix/.
that should break you mkv down to audio and video streams.
next you join them together by putting them both into yamb, http://kurtnoise.free.fr/index.php?dir=Yamb/, and tell yamb the framerate for the video (very important because yamb assumes 25 fps and if your video is different you will completely lose sync).
after you run yamb you will have an mp4 that should play fine in vdj without transcoding.
note: this will not work on mkv's with variable framerates!!!

Inviato Sat 09 May 09 @ 12:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)