Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Replacing MAYA-44

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello, i'm a TCV user with a MAYA-44 USB soundcard. However: i want to replace this card with a HQ card. Price? Well let's say i want to spend around €300, but if you name a great card of €350 i might also buy it. Money isn't really the issue. I want great quality, without too many compromises.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 9:32 am
NI Audio 8 DJ

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=audio8dj_us

the best "pro. dj" soundcard in that price range
4 ins & 4 outs (stereo)
(extra channel for the samples)
pro level output gain levels (like cdjs)
you don't have to push your gain levels of your mixer anymore

i had the maya 44 usb, too
great sound card in that price range
used it for years
my backup

with the audio 8 dj
the levels are a lot higher
and the sound is much richer

cheers,
matt

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 08 @ 5:22 pm
Any way to purchase it without having to buy the Traktor program too? I would LOVE the numark VV soundcard, but i already have VDJ, so it would be rediculous to buy VDJ again just for the card...

But this card makes me extremely horny and i want it now... I just don't want Traktor :/

And maybe if the VDJ team could use their political influence to convince Numark to offer VDJ owners a special chance of buying just the Numark VV soundcard?

Inviato Fri 13 Jun 08 @ 6:00 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can buy the Numark soundcard by itself, its called the Numark DJ I/0 soundcard.

Inviato Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 10:49 am
That's another card. :)

@Matt0218: Can you give me some info on how the card works with VDJ? I can believe it sounds great, but what about the setup? Is it as easy as plugging in - installing drivers - playing your gig? Or does it have some complications?

Are your experiences with the card practically flawless or did you have some weird stuff happening with it too? I'm seriously considering buying this card. (But from Ebay: in stores it costs €399 and on Ebay only €300 or something.)

Inviato Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 11:19 am
djej wrote :
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can buy the Numark soundcard by itself, its called the Numark DJ I/0 soundcard.

I don't think they're the same thing, the DJ i/o doesn't seem to have inputs for timecode and only has two stereo outs;^]

http://www.zzounds.com/item--NUMDJIO

Inviato Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 11:22 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
NI Audio 8 DJ is the best for timecode.

Inviato Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 1:32 pm
VanStino wrote :

@Matt0218: Can you give me some info on how the card works with VDJ? I can believe it sounds great, but what about the setup? Is it as easy as plugging in - installing drivers - playing your gig? Or does it have some complications?

Are your experiences with the card practically flawless or did you have some weird stuff happening with it too? I'm seriously considering buying this card. (But from Ebay: in stores it costs €399 and on Ebay only €300 or something.)

pretty much like the maya
install the drivers
depending on your setup(computer etc.) you can change the latency within the audio 8 dj control panel
you might have to mess around a little bit with vdj's performance settings, also depending on your setup etc...
and unlike the maya you can use any usb port ;-)

i only use tc mode once in a while,
compared to the maya, very precise, cueing etc...

as i mentioned the sound is much richer
with the maya i had to increase the gains
have the highs at 9 o'clock & the mids at around 10:30
now with audio 8 dj the eqs are pretty much centered

it is not a cheap card, but definitely worth the investment
and it looks nice, too, hehe

NI should hire me................

Inviato Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 1:01 am
Has anyone gotten a hold of NI's Audio 4. This is more compact than the Audio 8 but they still offer the inputs and outputs required to use timecode operations. I just wanted to know if this setup is going to work. The Audio 4 is about half the price of the Audio 8 and like I stated they have 2 inputs and 2 outputs on the soundcard.

Inviato Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 8:50 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)