Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MacBookPro Static

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

I have just recieved my MacBook Pro yesterday and installed all the latest updates.

The problem I am having is regarding a slight static electricity feel to the areas to the left and right of the touch pad.

This behaviours is only present while the AC plug is connected. On battery power it dissappears.

You can notice it as you move your fingers across the aluminium or rest your wrists on the edges as you type.

I was wondering if this is normal for the Mac Book Pro? As I dont know anyone else thats uses them. Any other MacBook Pro users could test for me

Inviato Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 10:12 am
nope, not on mine...

so like theres a small electric pulse? sounds like theres a ground problem... call apple man

Inviato Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 5:53 pm
Yeah I agree also that its the ground,

I have tried it in many sockets in the house and it is always there after a fe minutes of being plugged in. It actually builds over time.

Anyways apple are taling it back and I am getting a refund, was thinking that I should have gone for the 17inch version anyways only downside is it could be acouple of weeks before I can order the new macbook pro

Inviato Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 7:40 am
PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a 17" MBP, and my 1 regret is i didnt get the 15"... Also, i have the same problem with the electrical charge... sometimes ive even gotten a bit of a jolt at my wrist when i have 1 hand on the mixer and the other on my laptop...

I thought it was my imagination for a long time, im glad to know its not just me... ;-)

It hasnt been a problem with the performance of the computer so i guess i will just leave it... Ive had this laptop since Feb of 2007.

Regards,
Chris.

Inviato Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 8:37 am
apples policy seems to be some people feel it to different degrees. I think that is a bit of a bull line to be honest.

Can I ask why u regret not getting the 15 inch?

Inviato Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 9:04 am
wow. im def starting to hear it now. and FEEL it. i thought it was my imagination as well but i but my face up to it and it kinda shocked me a bit. i could kinda hear it "wizzing" as well? anybody know what happenin? im on tech support right now but well see what happens. i dont wanna redo EVERYTHING i did, all my cues, etc and tweaks to the software. it would KILL me lol

Inviato Mon 08 Dec 08 @ 8:04 pm
I sent mine back and got a refund. Now I am using the new model and it's been running fine without any static

Inviato Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 1:55 am
PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Sorry it took so long to respond... I guess i missed the additional post's... The reason why I regret not getting the 15" is that its much lighter then the 17", and when i travel it seems i bit bulky in some of the set up's I've played... Im a med to big guy, so trying to use the 17" on an airplane isnt all the comfortable either...

Other then that, i still am very happy with mine other then the fact i get a bit of a jolt now and then...

:-)

Inviato Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 1:16 pm
The new version I have now is the latest model and I am using the 15inch version and its prob the best laptop I have ever used

Inviato Wed 10 Dec 08 @ 1:22 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)