Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Equipment Advice Needed

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DjDeveHome userMember since 2007
So FINALLY saved up my money (im still a broke college guy!) Sorry about all the questions but I'm still learning!

First off I'm going to go to the pro edition of VDJ. I do spin hip/hop, top 40, rock and some dance and do like to scratch when I feel it's the right time.

I currently have a pair of Numark CDX's still in real good shape I could hook up or I'm thinking about getting some Technics 1200..

1) Should I go with the SL-1200MK2 and save money or the 1200MK5 ? I tryed to search as much as I could about the difference between the two (besides price) and the only thing I could find was the anti-skating weight is 0-3g.

2) How much better does the scratch quality sound with the 1200's compaired to the CDX and VDJ Pro?

3) If am going to do moderate scratching, with mid-priced needle, how long does the needle life usually last for you?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP !

Inviato Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 7:21 pm
Thye Numark CDx tables are good to use. Just like the 1200s. if you want to sell the CDx's and get the technics. You can find a nice pair of 1200s from 500 to 600 bucks used but in great to mint condition. Look in... Craigslist.com The CDX tables are really good to for scratching

Inviato Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 6:44 pm
Thanks for the info

i've done some scratching with cd's using the CDX and they were pretty good just wondering what would be the best...

Inviato Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 6:08 pm
DjDeve wrote :

1) Should I go with the SL-1200MK2 and save money or the 1200MK5 ? I tryed to search as much as I could about the difference between the two (besides price) and the only thing I could find was the anti-skating weight is 0-3g.

SL-1200MK5's are not worth saving up for. :) The only thing the MK5 adds are basically bells and whistles.

Inviato Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 12:16 pm
thanks for the adivce.. definitly looking for some mk2s!

Inviato Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 7:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)