Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ not installing on g4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Just purchased two used macs, a used ibook g4 and powerbook g4. I can't seem to get virtual dj to work in the installer. I have a macbook that runs VDJ perfectly and was hoping to use the other two computers as backups. Can anyone help

Inviato Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 10:09 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What version of osx does it run needs to be 10.4.5 or greater.

Inviato Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 10:58 am
Looks like i have to get a copy of tiger to make this work. The O.S. is 10.3.9

Inviato Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 7:08 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This are the recommended system requirement on mac.

Mac OSX 10.4.7 or higher
Mac/Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher
1 GB RAM of higher
200 MB free on the hard-driver

Minimum system requirements on mac.

Mac OSX 10.4 or higher
G4 1.5 GHz or Intel Core Duo 1.6GHz
512MB RAM

Regards;)

Inviato Thu 09 Oct 08 @ 2:52 pm
What do you risk not to function correct if you have a Mac that fulfills the minimum requirements, but do not reach the recommended ones? I don't want to risk a breakdown during a session. Very grateful for respons.

P

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:25 am
Hi u still can use the minimum specs as the guidelines. It mainly mean you can't use most of the video greatly but for audio it will still work.

I have once last time long ago only use 512gb ram and it is good to go. But as advised try to max up your ram;)

At least work on the tiger osx and update all the required for the mac osx.

Regards;)

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:31 am
Thank you!

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:34 am
No problem but i still think it be better if you buy the new macbook. They are cheap these day;)

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 11:36 am
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Also worth checking weather tiger or lepoard will even install on a G4, I think lepoard needs an 800Mhtz before it will install.

The install cd checks to see if it computer is good enough for the OS before it will even install on the system. To void this you need to fool the mac into thinking its a better computer than it is and then the OS will install. Only read about it so I would do some checking first before u go buying the OS

Bear in mind that each iteration of OSX will use different amounts of RAM and make sure u have as much in the system as it can take to be on the safe side

Also there are some known issues of 10.4 with VDJ so check the forums for them.

Do your research first and u should be fine

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 2:04 pm
spinnaJ wrote :
No problem but i still think it be better if you buy the new macbook. They are cheap these day;)

cheap enough lol when I think Mac I always hear my brain going no no no your credit card will explode.

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 2:06 pm
Thank you all for the info. I quess I will get a new or newer one. I would prefer a Mac, however, the price and the risk to get it destroyed by someones beer make me want to look for a cheaper PC.

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 12:34 pm
If you buy a new mac get apple care and your covered for 3 years, although I would check for beer damage cover

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 1:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)