Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how much longer for mac

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ok how much longer for mac version to catch up> I mean filter and feature wise with PC. The reason I ask is that the NS7 will be out in a month and I am getting one. I would end up switching programs to get all I can get from the controller i fear

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 08 @ 8:19 am
Best way I can put it is never. Whenever Mac peeps get something new PC already has it. They're constantly one step ahead of us.

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 08 @ 11:18 am
not true... itch and traktor ect are both the same wether on pc or mac

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 08 @ 11:38 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yeah... but they were both released for mac and pc at the same time. I don't know how long VDJ was on pc before it was released on Mac, but it was definitely an afterthought.

Inviato Thu 23 Oct 08 @ 10:16 pm
yeah I just got back from hanging with KRS one and Mr dibbs and I really think I am either going to get the NS7 or serato and turntables. Don't get me wrong I like VDJ and that is what I am using at my club but I just feel so limited. I dont want to invest in VV right now cause I feel I am getting half a product being on a mac

Inviato Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 10:02 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
HiTower wrote :
sirkitbreaker wrote :
not true... itch and traktor ect are both the same wether on pc or mac

yeah... but they were both released for mac and pc at the same time. I don't know how long VDJ was on pc before it was released on Mac, but it was definitely an afterthought.

You're right about the difference between PC and MAC for VirtualDJ:
The first MAC version was released on 28 March 2007 whereas the first PC version (AtomixMP3) was released on 25 September 2000.

Consequently, we only have 2 years of VirtualDJ MAC OS development compared to 9-10 years on Windows
The conversion from MS Windows to MAC OS environment was not an easy task because the code was only written for MS Windows and we had to include the same features on the MAC version. It's totally different when you directly create a software for both MAC & PC.

Inviato Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 3:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)