Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: hc4500

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everyone. I was looking at the Denon HC4500 Midi controller and noticed it does not have a crossfader. How well does this mixer work with VirtualDJ? Please can you tell me the pros & cons of this device if any. Many thanks

Inviato Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 3:57 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The HC4500 is a controller. With the JP Boggis mapper it can control video functionality, but it's definately no mixer :)

Inviato Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 7:08 am
The HC4500 is a controller. With the JP Boggis mapper it can control video functionality, but it's definately no mixer :)
thanks for your reply. So what your saying is don't bother with this controller? I might aswell keep my Xponent as this is better

Inviato Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 9:22 am
denonhc4500 is a good midi controller and as SBDJ said with jboggis mapper you can control video but is preferable to use a midi mixer like denon dx900 to control audio and video on the other hand the exponent is an excellent controller as well, I have used short time ago with no problems, the advantage you have with this console is that is needless a midi mixer, regards.

Inviato Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 1:01 pm
It reallly depends on what you want to accomplish. Why are you thinking of switching to the HC4500 from the Xponent?

Is it down to the lack of display on the Xponent? I've been thinking about designing a small LCD that clips onto the xponent to give some basic information :)

Inviato Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 3:15 pm
Hi SBDJ. I Am a gadget freek and i'm always swapping or buying new toys. I just really liked the controller thats why i wanted someone elses opinion as to how it reallly works with Virtual DJ. I am not going to get controller because my Xponent has a crossfader and seperate faders for left and right decks. and i use this more than my Numark mixer.

Inviato Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 5:20 pm
DJMikeJames wrote :
Hi SBDJ. I Am a gadget freek and i'm always swapping or buying new toys. I just really liked the controller thats why i wanted someone elses opinion as to how it reallly works with Virtual DJ. I am not going to get controller because my Xponent has a crossfader and seperate faders for left and right decks. and i use this more than my Numark mixer.

Join the club, I have built up quite a collection too!

The HC4500 is a great controller, but as I said it's not a mixer, so you'll still need to use a mixer as well. The Xponent is all-in-one, but obviously lacking a microphone, so in reality you still need to use a mixer lol. My only two problems with the xponent really are the light pitch faders (which you can fix if you're feeling creative) and the lack of display - which I'm thinking about fixing with a hardware addon.

Anyway, the HC4500 does work extremely well with VirtualDJ, as long as you use the boggis mapper. Massively configurable and a huge amount of options. When hooked up to a Denon mixer (X-900?) you can use x-control to control the video crossfader. It can also control a Denon CD tray (can't remember which, although the 4000 rings a bell).

Inviato Wed 22 Oct 08 @ 8:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)