Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maximum Virtual Dj Performance

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So last night I tried a little experiment that I have been meaning to try for a while with VDJ. I already have a seperate hardware profile for when I Dj, I use it wheter its with Virtual Dj, Serato Scratch or Serato Itch and get much better performance. But last night what I did was also change my windows shell in the registry to not boot explorer any more and to only boot Virtual DJ for my DJ profile, for the non technical its not the most straight forward thing to do and if you don't know anything about the registry I would not suggest doing it. But if you do know what you are doing in windows I can tell you it has made a world of difference in the performance of virtual dj. I can actually have my settings set at Best Quality and 1ms latency and I had absolutely no problems whatso ever and that was even with KEYLOCK on! I use a skin that has the CPU readiing on the status bar and I can honestly say it did not go over 10% when using this profile now. My RMX responded much faster and much more on point (I sort of wish I tried this a while a go, since now I bought Serato Itch).

Long story short if you know your way around Windows XP give it a go for me it is a huge difference, I got the idea from the Serato Wiki but just mad the necasary adustments for it to be used with Virtual DJ.

Please see below:

http://ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de/Optimizing_PC_for_SSL

Inviato Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 7:56 pm
gurujhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This is exactly what I am looking for, however I have VirtualDJ installed on Vista Business Edition. My resources are used up like crazy, my hard drive spins like mad for no reason, and when I make recordings, it skips sections of the songs!!

Is there a way to do this for Vista as well? Thanks in advance.

Inviato Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 12:44 am

Inviato Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 8:18 am
gurujhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ciacomix wrote :
gurujh wrote :
Is there a way to do this for Vista as well? Thanks in advance.

http://audioforums.com/windows-vista-optimization.php

Thank you very much! I am going to try these enhancements tonight. I could not mix at all on my current config. The Dell XPS notebook I have is very fast, however its a gaming PC, and has way too many apps loading up before I can even get to VirtualDJ. Going to setup another user and disable just able everything that is not related to VirtualDJ in the hardware profile, and unload just about every other application in toolbar tray as well. Thanks!

Inviato Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 8:37 am
Would it be possible to create a EXE or DLL file that would do this automaticlly when opening the VDJ exe?

Inviato Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 7:11 pm
do i have to do this in mac ?

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:26 am
So wait.. YES there is a way to boot Vista directly into VDJ or NO there is not?

Inviato Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 1:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)