Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BPM keeps shifting with Time Code Setup

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

dakid08Home userMember since 2006
I am having an issue with my Time Code setup that only started recently. When I play a song, and lets say the BPM is 90. the BPM wont stay constant even though my pitch is at 0 on my turntables. It'll constantly change not by great intensities but by enough to through a mix off which is why its essential this number stay constant.

It'll change in a manner like this. 90 to 90.6 to 91 than shook back down to 90. when i turn the time code signal off on that chanel it'll hold the BPM with no issue. The TT's im using are brand new so i know there is no issue with them. What could be the problem? By the way im using Numark Virtual Vinyl

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:36 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
In the timecode config, you have a option called "Pitch Sensitivity"

I think, by default it's set at 500, try setting it to 1000.

That should cure your problem.

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:40 pm
Awesome Ill give that a try. Will this in any effect scratching or anything of that Nature?

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:41 pm
dakid08 wrote :
Will this in any effect scratching or anything of that Nature?

I really can't tell you my friend, as I' a house DJ and don't scratch.

It shouldn't I would of thought.

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:43 pm
I do alot of mixing too, just as long as the BPM can stay constant and doesnt jump, thanks alot for your help im at work so wont be able to test it out until I get home. Hopefully this fixes the problem. Do you happen to know what causes that and why raising the sensitivity fixes it?

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 1:16 pm
Yeah I'm of to my gig soon. Post back if it didn't work, it should though.

dakid08 wrote :
Do you happen to know what causes that and why raising the sensitivity fixes it?

I couldn't tell you why mate, I just know that if you increase it, it works. I discovered when I first set up my TCV/maya. That was the first thing I tried and it worked.

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 1:21 pm
Thanks Buddy Hope you the best tonight at your Gig.

much love from Jersey

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 1:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)