Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: what is cpu - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

downloaded virtual dj today and was working great now the cpu is going up and down what does this mean and it miss's bits out of the songs why

Inviato Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 3:55 pm
can any one explain this as its driving me nuts when i load a song it seems to go up into the red

Inviato Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 5:26 pm
Sounds like you have a single core processor. What CPU do you have? If you're experiencing songs skipping, you will need to decrease the latency: config -> performance and drag the slider all the way to the left. If you still have problems disable keylock (the padlocks) on the default skin.

Inviato Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 5:39 pm
cool done this still have problems i think it is single core the pc is about 4 years old and i have not got a clue about a cpu what is it is it inside my machine lol sorry
dylan

Inviato Sat 03 Jan 09 @ 6:14 pm
so can i do any thing else to get this running right or do any thing to pc

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 5:26 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Andrew87 wrote :
Sounds like you have a single core processor. What CPU do you have? If you're experiencing songs skipping, you will need to decrease the latency: config -> performance and drag the slider all the way to the left. If you still have problems disable keylock (the padlocks) on the default skin.

Minor correction, increasing latency (buffer size) helps prevent buffer underruns
and gives cpu more time to process data correctly. The slider is of course a general
preset option for all sound processing algorithms.

CPU is short for Central Processing Unit, your computer's heart. You can view it's
frequency and quantity in Control Panel > System window. It's measured in
Cycles per second (frequency), and for stable usage of Virtual DJ software these
are the requirements:

VirtualDJ Features wrote :

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:

* PIII 850 MhZ computer
* 1024x768 SVGA video
* DirectX compatible soundcard
* 512 MB RAM
* 20 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration is:

* PIV 3 GhZ computer
* 1024x768 SVGA video
* 4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
* 1024 MB RAM
* 200 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration to mix video is:

* Dual Core 2 GhZ CPU
* ATI or nVidia video card w/256Mb of Dedicated DDR3 memory (dual output capable)
* 2048 MB RAM

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

e

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 6:22 am
still cant seem to get the cpu up i have above nessicery spec very strange anyone else got any ideas

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 2:16 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is ur system specs? Do u have a lot of program running in the background?

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 2:18 pm
marcellodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
The reason the CPU bar is jumping up to red when loading songs is because you don't have good enough system.

Anyway, if the sound is good and you're only problem is that the bar is jumping up and down, then it's nothing dangerous. But if the song skips and sounds bad, you should download the demo on a computer with better specs and see how the program really works :)

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 2:30 pm
hi its micro soft xp service amd atholon 3000+
2.16ghz
1.00 gb of ram
22gb or hard drive space left but this is the music and dj software hard drive
the other hard drive runs the other stuff
its up and down and skips when a song is played it was excellent when first installed it started playing up after music was added i have scanned for virus's and its all ok so a strange one

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 2:49 pm
also how do i check whats running in the back ground
thanks
again
dylan

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 3:05 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
wildside wrote :
also how do i check whats running in the back ground
thanks
again
dylan

Open Task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 3:13 pm
no all fine there too nothing running in the back ground is there any way i can adjust the cpu to work as it should

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 3:30 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Have you got any anti-virus/firewall running, that can cause high CPU usage,

if so turn it off when you are running VirtualDJ

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 3:34 pm
closed the anti virus and still going from 0 - 100 % usage this is a strange one maybe the pc is on the way out. my media player is also jumping about to so its got to be a pc problem. i will scan the hard drives and shut down in a min, i have done full virus checks on both hard drives
and both are clean
dylan

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 4:30 pm
On a single core when loading a song it WILL jump to 100%. When u do get a Dual core it will go to 50%, or at least on my end it will. You may want to upgrade the RAM in your system to 2gb.

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 8:10 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Can you replicate the fluctuation using any other application on your computer?

If so I think you may need to take a big step back and get an IT professional to have a look at your computer and possibly reformat your HDD and reinstall the os, or look at upgrading your processor?

Also an Athlon 3000+ single core computer is getting quite old, and if your using a MIDI controller you may want to look at upgrading.

The specs should be enough if you use an external mixer, but if your using VDJ's internal mixer either by keyboard/mouse or a MIDI Interface, this will put the system under much higher load!

The reason for this is every time you make a change (pitch, volume, fader etc.) the system needs to rewrite the sound buffer, which on a single-core computer will most certainly max out your CPU usage to 100%

Once the buffer has been written, the CPU usage will settle down to maybe 20-30%.

If you do too much in too little time, you will start to get skips and stutters.

Please keep up updated =Þ

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 11:50 pm
DJAuzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
wildside wrote :
closed the anti virus and still going from 0 - 100 % usage
dylan

Exactly how did you do this?

Inviato Sun 04 Jan 09 @ 11:51 pm
i think a upgrade is going to have to be in order to a duel core i have allready up graded the ram to 1 gb thats it for that now its only a 4 year old pc and the anti virus is AVG and i exit it and it shut the anti virus compltly down and i turned my fire wall off. i have done disc checks on doth my hard drives and its all fine so it has got to be the prossesser .start shopping i think as i cant see any other way to get this working properly.
like i said it was working fine when it was installed it only started to play up as music was added to it , the music has all been virus checked and its clean but i will add there is 20784 songs on it

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 2:54 am
your machine being 4 years old sorry to say is a dinosaur in terms of computers. single core is outdated. a 1 gig of ram is nothing once you start running high powered programs like vdj, cue, ssl anything that uses system resources. as for things running in the background. i bet if you check your processes in windows task manager you have way more than you need running. first you didn't know what CPU was. which indicates you don't know much about computers. 2nd saying your 4 year old machine isn't old was another inidcation of your lack of pc knowledge. nothing wrong with not knowing you at least made the effort to ask. for example when i start up windows xp pro i have 12 processes running in task manager with my system fully tweeked. with vista i have gotten it down to 23 running. in vista the factory settings have about 70 processes running out of the box. which is a ton of wasted resources and background programs running for no reason. go to www.blackviper.com and do all the tweeks regarding vista. if your running xp do a google search for windows XP performance tweeks and you will find a bunch. if you plan on running video you def need to upgrade your laptop and make sure you have a dual core, good video card and lots of ram.

Inviato Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:15 am
69%