Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Where should be definition file located??

Inviato Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 11:36 am
in the folder ...Documents/VirtualDJ/DEVICE/

Augh !

Inviato Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 11:52 am
Ok Thanks

Inviato Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 12:28 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 12:30 pm
found this on the serato site from somebody that already mapped the midi for the ns7:
linkGood day, here is the map that people have been requesting...

NS7 Midi Map

LED OUTPUTS
-----------

CC 0 - FSTARTA
CC 1 - FSTARTB
CC 2 - XFADER Reverse
CC 3 - Prepare
CC 4 - Files
CC 5 - Crates
CC 6 - <EMPTY>
CC 7 - Sync Deck A
CC 8 - CUE Deck A
CC 9 - Play Deck A

CC 10 - Delete Deck A
CC 11 - Hot Cue 1 Deck A
CC 12 - Hot Cue 2 Deck A
CC 13 - Hot Cue 3 Deck A
CC 14 - Hot Cue 4 Deck A
CC 15 - Hot Cue 5 Deck A
CC 16 - Keylock Deck A
CC 17 - <EMPTY>
CC 18 - Motor Off Deck A
CC 19 - 1/2x Deck A

CC 20 - 2x Deck A
CC 21 - Loop On/Off Deck A
CC 22 - Shift Left Deck A
CC 23 - Shift Right Deck A
CC 24 - Loop Mode Auto/Manual Deck A
CC 25 - In / Auto Loop 1 Deck A
CC 26 - Out / Auto Loop 2 Deck A
CC 27 - Select / Auto Loop 4 Deck A
CC 28 - Reloop / Auto Loop 8 Deck A
CC 29 - Sync Deck B

CC 30 - CUE Deck B
CC 31 - Play Deck B
CC 32 - Delete Deck B
CC 33 - Hot Cue 1 Deck B
CC 34 - Hot Cue 2 Deck B
CC 35 - Hot Cue 3 Deck B
CC 36 - Hot Cue 4 Deck B
CC 37 - Hot Cue 5 Deck B
CC 38 - <EMPTY>
CC 39 - Keylock Deck B

CC 40 - <EMPTY>
CC 41 - Motor Off Deck B
CC 42 - 1/2x Deck B
CC 43 - 2x Deck B
CC 44 - Loop On/Off Deck B
CC 45 - Shift Left Deck B
CC 46 - Shift Right Deck B
CC 47 - Loop Mode Auto/Manual Deck B
Cc 48 - In / Auto Loop 1 Deck B
CC 49 - Out / Auto Loop 2 Deck B

CC 50 - Select / Auto Loop 4 Deck B
CC 51 - Reloop / Auto Loop 8 Deck B
CC 52 - VU Meter Left
CC 53 - VU Meter Right
CC 54 - Sync Meter Full On/Off
CC 55 - Quartz Lock Indicator Deck A
CC 56 - Quartz Lock Indicator Deck B
CC 57 - All Mappable LED Indicators ON

CC 58 - <EMPTY>

MOTOR FUNCTIONS
---------------

CC 65 - Deck A Motor Start (Forward)
CC 66 - Deck A Motor Stop
CC 67 - Deck A Motor Stop
CC 68 - Deck A Motor Stop
CC 69 - 33/45 RPM
CC 70 - Deck A Motor Reverse

CC 75 - Deck B Motor Start (Forward)
CC 76 - Deck B Motor Stop
CC 77 - Deck B Motor Stop
CC 78 - Deck B Motor Stop
CC 79 - 33/45 RPM
CC 80 - Deck B Motor Reverse

CC 81 - <EMPTY>
thru
CC 127 - <EMPTY> At 3:55 PM 5 June 2009
DJ Quartz wrote
linkHave you tested it with other DJ applications? If so, which ones have you sucessfully used the platters?

Thanks for your great work!!!! At 4:21 PM 6 June 2009
DJ Cs wrote
linkI am very excited and appreciative, that you had the drive to complete this awesome task. Is this for only traktor, or can you use it for virtual DJ and Numark Cue? At 9:28 PM 6 June 2009
deb4real wrote
linkDJ Quartz

I am very excited and appreciative, that you had the drive to complete this awesome task. Is this for only traktor, or can you use it for virtual DJ and Numark Cue? At 9:28 PM 6 June 2009
deb4real wrote
linkJust to update you guys...

This map will work with any application supporting midi outputs. I've only tested this with Traktor myself and there needs to be some functionality updates put inplace to get the platters working correctly.

However, any DJ application that had midi learn can be mapped to the NS7. But, you will need this map to manually program the led indicators and motor functions. At 10:56 PM 6 June 2009
DJ Quartz wrote
linkWow, I am totally excited to have a €1500 half-working Traktor controller! :)
That's exactly the reason why I choose the NS7.

Inviato Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 1:09 am
b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
well just sold my NS7 for 999.99USD. This thing has been a headache, I'm over it. If it ends up working and someone posts a video of it fully functional then maybe I'll buy a new one but for now I'm done. Happy coding

Inviato Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 3:40 am
So are we gonna have a fully functional midi map for the NS7? Man I cant wait i'm excited!! If there is anything i can help out with just let me know. I sorry to say that i'm not really good with coding. I really appriciate the time and effort of everyone that is working on making this happen.

Inviato Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 11:28 am
b1shop wrote :
well just sold my NS7 for 999.99USD. This thing has been a headache, I'm over it. If it ends up working and someone posts a video of it fully functional then maybe I'll buy a new one but for now I'm done. Happy coding

Think you should have waited a bit more, cuz I know Atomix has a full working map for the Ns7, its just a matter of time before the Ns7 owners will be privy to same.

This is the 1st time since I have known about vdj such a high volume for a specific request has been totally ignored by the Dev Team, therefore this explicitly alludes to the fact that its much BIGGER that us customers/users :(

Inviato Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 1:18 pm
yeah man you should have waited a little more b1shop unless you really needed the $$$.

well if this is true lets all join forces and try to find this guy that claims that he had made a succesfully fully funtional midi map of the ns7 for tractor and ask if he can make one for vdj since were stock because ok we ''have the correct codes for the platters and the leds'' but i thinks nobody of us has any idea how to wrote the codes in the way that creating a fully funtional midi map.

what do you think??

Inviato Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 1:11 pm
my latest news, another email recived by numark:

-------------------------------------
Hey Arturo,

The NS7 is a class compliant midi device which can be mapped. Due to some of
the advanced features that the NS7 has the software provider will have to
make accommodations in their software in order to fully use the NS7. The ns7
is the first midi DJ controller with rotating platters that sends midi
information. We suggest that you contact and request the NS7 be supported
with your favorite dj software by contacting that company, we are happy to
work with any software company that wishes to support the NS7.

Thank you,

Matthew Rapoza
Technical Support
MRapoza@Numark.com
Numark Industries
200 scenic View Drive
Suite 201
Cumberland RI 02864
401-658-3131

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:02 am
As explained in the Cue updates thread, there have been legal issues between Atomix and Numark that appear to be near a resolution. That may be the reason the NS7 has not been supported to date.
Let's hope the problems can be cleared up and VDJ will (natively) support the NS7.
On the back of this though, Numark were a bit misleading on their literature about support for software other than Itch, and at no time has VDJ said they will actually support the NS7.

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 4:43 am
b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kradcliffe wrote :
As explained in the Cue updates thread, there have been legal issues between Atomix and Numark that appear to be near a resolution. That may be the reason the NS7 has not been supported to date.
Let's hope the problems can be cleared up and VDJ will (natively) support the NS7.
On the back of this though, Numark were a bit misleading on their literature about support for software other than Itch, and at no time has VDJ said they will actually support the NS7.

streaming_DJ wrote :
b1shop wrote :

Think you should have waited a bit more, cuz I know Atomix has a full working map for the Ns7, its just a matter of time before the Ns7 owners will be privy to same.

This is the 1st time since I have known about vdj such a high volume for a specific request has been totally ignored by the Dev Team, therefore this explicitly alludes to the fact that its much BIGGER that us customers/users :(

If someone gets a working one with VDJ then I will reinvest in one but as of now it looks like a lost cause. I was tired of owning something I can't use while watching it depreciate in value. Didn't want to keep losing money on it as it's used value on ebays average is $800.00USD.

If the DEV Team has a working midi map how come they haven't posted it? Kinda sucks that they would let us complie midi codes and damn near beg for something they already have. If what you say is true that sucks.

Like I said if it ends up working fully then I'll buy another one, If not I'm already rid of my problem.

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 6:14 am
B1Shop,

I think this is the wrong website if you are trying to make a statement that you sold the NS7. I dont think VDJ cares, Numark should care not VDJ. I personally purchased the NS7 and the only reason why I did it was because the Old VDJ software was not reliable. I had crashes all the time and no one from the support center seemed to know what the bugs were. I think rather than asking the NS7 fully works with VDJ we should also be asking that the new VDJ 6.01 be good and no bugs. Again, I think you should to Numark website and tell them that because of their false promise that the NS7 will work with other controllers and it has not happened you sold the NS7 and that you are willing to buy another one if they let VDJ and NS7 to interact. VDJ never said that they will work with the NS7, I think the NS7 was the one that said that they will work with VDJ. Let's pray that what ever problem they have be resolved.

Thanks,
DJBrother.

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 10:48 am
I'm at work to mapping my NS7 with "All Inclusive" (Leds, Bar, Motors, Touch, Knob, etc)
with great results, in VDJ 5.x (witout led and motors) and VDJ6.x (with 14Bit MIDI)
My job need to work on VideoDiscoMix, and my configuration must be with VideoCrossFader ADVANCED functions,
Video EFX selectabel, Video Transition easely, Video Scratch, etc.
Step by step, now all part it's OK.
I hope finally to next weekend, after during test and live show tryning.

My Definition & Mapping files can downloading from my VDJ Blog on the next future.
(only to ProfessionalUser added) with grafics istruction and skin dedicated added.

....Coming Soon

Augh !!!

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:45 pm
Hallo. Nice work Bazzooka.
I´ve tryed also, but leds and motors was too much for me. So I will wait, until someone smarter make it works.

If you need more testers so you can send me DEF and MIDI to my email.
I´m also VJ, so your setup will be great.

Thanks for your work

Inviato Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 1:19 pm
That is really add that there no more post on this chapter since 06/09 08:59pm. I wonder if this is being blocked because the formulla for the NS7 is finally found and they do not want others to know.

Inviato Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 3:35 pm
Today is June The 12th and still ther is not other post on this post after a few people claimed to have found the formula for the NS7 to Work with VDJ. Can someone gives the update as to what is going on with VDJ and The NS7? Did any body made it work and if someone did how come we the midi is not done yet?

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 2:19 pm
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am interested to know if it is working with VDJ 6 pro version etc.... (whisper... I dont care I just want it to work....I can keep a secret...Hell I will even test the damn thing all day.. (I have nothing better to do).) I am litterally home all day.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 1:12 am
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The final map of the ns7 is not yet found ! so don't worry i think that the vdj team is working on this ! for a next update of vdj ! And the map that we have is not complete the leds and motors are not working !
and there is to much work on this mapping that one person can't do this alone cause we need some lights from numark about mapping of this controler ! this a new midi code ! and platters have a different algorithm .
So I think wwe just have to wait with our sadness !!
The team don't want to post anything on this controler ... maybe they have some confidential information that they don't wan't to say !
I'm a user of vdj pro , I do VJing and demonstrations in clubs and Pubs . yesterday I do to use Serato Itch to mix in a party to use my ns7 . although i prefer using VDJ .
And next week I'll have 2 party on sturday and sunday night to mix video . so I will transport all my old case with 2 TTX and Nuo4 and a lot of cables !!! ..

hope to see VDJ working with my NS7 soon !!

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 8:25 am
those looking to map the ns7 should join the Serato ITCH forum. The is a thread called 'NS7 midi map" by 'DJ Quartz' in it numark says it can be done and if you need help to PM for assistance.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 9:47 am
20%