Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 7

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Do any you guys remember or (ran across) my NS7 teardown? if so read my notes.

Inviato Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 4:01 pm
I could not find a place to post pics without having to download etc..
So I posted on the NI forum. Keep in mind this is in no way pulling you guys from Atomix. VDJ supports Video Tracktor does not so pick your pick. I have hardware that came with Traktor like my BCD3000 but I use VDJ with it when ever I do use it.
At the same time I am not knocking on them they do what they do.

for photos and detail check out post #200

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79010&page=14

I am sorry I have not answered everyone but as soon as I get full clarification I will get back if ok with all.

Inviato Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 8:51 pm
Added to my DEF File:
<fulljog cc="0x00" min="0" max="0x4000" name="JOG" deck="1"/>
<fulljog cc="0x02" min="0" max="0x4000" name="JOG" deck="2"/>

This code lets the platters spin and respond to touch, but it's still not quite right yet.
Maybe someone can help me find out what the exact code should be in here?

Inviato Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 9:43 pm
sirwesley wrote :
Added to my DEF File:
<fulljog cc="0x00" min="0" max="0x4000" name="JOG" deck="1"/>
<fulljog cc="0x02" min="0" max="0x4000" name="JOG" deck="2"/>

I'm thinking there should be some bitmask, ccmsb, or full code mentioned in here.

Suggestions?

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 10:51 am
Trying whole day make it work, but whitout succes:-(

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 11:15 am
I'm gotten a pitchbend to work with the jogwheels using scratch_wheel but no luck with jog_wheel.

• jog_wheel : used for a jogwheel without touch sensitivity. 'jog_wheel +1.0' means a full rotation of the wheel.
  • scratch_wheel : used for a jogwheel with touch sensitivity. 'scratch_wheel +1.0' means a full rotation of the wheel.

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 12:33 pm
Hi, someone can tell me as to load the mapping on vdj6 or 5?
thank you

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 1:04 pm
All here is to VDJ v. 6
Mapp file to Mappers
Deffinition file to Devices

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 1:12 pm
Thanks, i have tried to use the last mapping of sirwesley but still has some problem,go boys that are on the good road!!!

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 1:32 pm
I was going to send this as a PM to SirWisely but I do not feel like no other should know my reasoning behind this message. So here it is:

SirWisely
I will try to get help for you this afternoon (meeting with maverick)
However I do ask if you do release a final version do so in repects to version 6 and allow Atomix to release it giving you credit for it. This way registered users have access (not those who have cracked versions or copies) as I do not want to impeed Atomix in any way for they have tolerated our voicing and frustration and have not just allowed the posting of such but also allowed us to post detail and information freely.

I am sure the majority will agree (and some may not such is allways the case)
Thank you for your continuing efforts on the behalf of all.

DJ Esco

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 4:08 pm
@DJEsco
This is a team work and we have to comunicate some way. I was thinking, this is the point of this forum. Why do you don´t share your experiences with NS7 mapping? I think it will be helpfull for owners of NS7.

Sorry for my english.

Best regards to all.
Tjeck

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 09 @ 10:23 pm
Response to DjTech

I dont have a problem sharring with anyone and If you have time to hear the lengthy drastically shortened version here it is:

Yes I was using version 5.1 Pro (although I do not think it is better than 6 when It comes to stability and speed primairly speed and features)5.1 will support some features of the NS7 (the minimal and basic with no platter spin and LED issues)
You can do this by using the midi learn function built into VDJ and I also used Bome's software aswell (free version available with some limitations but may be used to record and capture the data being transmitted (bome will do enhanced midi thus making it your best friend)
Anyways I had 2 NS7s and in short Method a far better geek/hacker than I am or ever will be (intentional or not) Maverick is into the whole Midi communications scene is well versed at it and makes his own hardware hacks/mods while Method maps them and makes them all more funtional.
In short and in a joke (because I never thought he or anyone coul pull it off) I bet him my virgin NS7 that he could not get the patters working and if he did it had to be more than 10 seconds not just normal play but scratching too. A couple days later Maverick and him showed back up at my place with a laptop, and asked if he could use the NS7.

In short it worked. I lost the bet (and one of my NS7s fir that matter.
I asked how he did it and he explained it (but I addmittenly say it is over my head) I did understand the dongle/software part but I am still trying to figure it out.

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 12:49 am
i tested the midi mpper! it`s good news! thanks all the guys work for ns7!

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 9:17 am
Tjeck,

Thanx for the update, I'll test it out later today. :)

Regards Wesley

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 10:39 am
bgottiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So does it 100% like its suppose to? I am waiting to buyin one til then!

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 1:17 pm
bgotti wrote :
So does it 100% like its suppose to? I am waiting to buyin one til then!

No...Platters still aren't quite right. But just about everything else is mapped and defined.

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 3:00 pm
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thanks for all you've done guys ! good job ! I'll test it too ....

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 5:43 pm
Response to DjTech

I dont have a problem sharring with anyone and If you have time to hear the lengthy drastically shortened version here it is:

Yes I was using version 5.1 Pro (although I do not think it is better than 6 when It comes to stability and speed primairly speed and features)5.1 will support some features of the NS7 (the minimal and basic with no platter spin and LED issues)
You can do this by using the midi learn function built into VDJ and I also used Bome's software aswell (free version available with some limitations but may be used to record and capture the data being transmitted (bome will do enhanced midi thus making it your best friend)
Anyways I had 2 NS7s and in short Method a far better geek/hacker than I am or ever will be (intentional or not) Maverick is into the whole Midi communications scene is well versed at it and makes his own hardware hacks/mods while Method maps them and makes them all more funtional.
In short and in a joke (because I never thought he or anyone coul pull it off) I bet him my virgin NS7 that he could not get the patters working and if he did it had to be more than 10 seconds not just normal play but scratching too. A couple days later Maverick and him showed back up at my place with a laptop, and asked if he could use the NS7.

In short it worked. I lost the bet (and one of my NS7s fir that matter.
I asked how he did it and he explained it (but I addmittenly say it is over my head) I did understand the dongle/software part but I am still trying to figure it out.

Djesco1, We all appreciate your help on this and on the other forums. I do have a couple of questions for you. many of us are anxiously waiting, talking, working on mapping and duplicating work that has already been done.

A couple quick questions on what you are saying:

1. Have you contacted Atomix, Numark, Serato or any other company and they explicitly asked you not to release the working mapping?

It seems that it is all so mysterious in the sense of your hard work with the help of your genius friend being kept from the community. Absolutely, not knocking what you are saying, just trying to get clarification on it.

2. Are you concerned about copyright, patent or other infringement concerns or just being cautious and trying to be overly fair with the manufacturers for mapping the controller?

I am in awe with what you, your friend, Tjeck1972, SirWesley, DJ Quartz and many others have been able to accomplish.

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 5:53 pm
If I were told my an Atomix team member not to publish my files, then I wouldn't post them (at least not here :p ).

But the fact that they now give us a workable API and other tools to build and map midi controllers in 6.0.1, makes me believe that they are encouraging it and that we are well within our means of the work that we are publishing.

While I can't speak for what has been done by Djesco1 and these two supposed hackers: Method and Maverick, which he speaks of; I know that Tjeck1972, Jakovski, B1shop, and myself have have been using what has been provided to us by Atomix and nothing more.

Maybe someone from Atomix could weigh in here and put this to rest...and maybe give us some hints on the platters. :p

I haven't seen much from the Atomix guys in this thread (at least not lately), but I'm guessing that in order for these platters to work properly an update will be needed (ie 6.0.2 ). And it is probably already in the works and is only a matter of time before it is released to us. (fingers crossed).

In the meantime, I have enjoyed this NS7 "mapping project". There is a sense of accomplishment when you get something working like you want it to, and Tjeck1972, DJ Quartz, Jakovski, B1shop, and others, that have at least helped me, should feel that sense of accomplishment in just getting this far.

It is probably possible to write a small application to run in between the MIDI coming in on the PC and the Virtual DJ software, which I'm guessing this is what Djesco1 speaks of. This application would just have to take the MIDI data coming from the NS7 and translate it using an algorithm that the Virtual DJ software understands and then use the pre-established API provided by Atomix to interpret it. Even this option should not be illegal in anyway. If Numark and Itch wanted to keep others from interfacing with it, they wouldn't have used a standard such as MIDI. Everything that is sent and received by the NS7 is MIDI (granted some of it is 14bit). Virtual DJ just may have to modify the software slightly and give us an additional API or "verb" as they call it, in order for us to properly interface with it.

Regards,
Wesley

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 7:23 pm
Patent information based on label located on motors + the fact that ITCH is a communication protocol

algorithum of fwd or reverse deduction (center moves and moves opposite or advanced from rotating plate) Note plate also moves

Inviato Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 11:01 pm
35%