Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 6

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

sirwesley wrote :
Not sure how to use this yet:

Platter 1 = Ch.01.Pitchbend+Ch01.CC.000
Platter 2 = Ch.01.CC.002+Ch.03.Pitchbend

I'ts code from another software !
with different system of action control !
Not good !

In VDJ we work by action JOG, WHEEL, SCRATCH and NUDGE !
but not continuos round of record.
We need an action with variaton of speed !

Augh !

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 11:42 am
djesco1PRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 6:31 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
THOUGHT THE NS7 DIDNT WORK WITH vdj WHATS UP WITH THAT...

dj jamm

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 7:06 pm
djesco1 wrote :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlWzMKk57w

Holy Shizz, it looks like V5.x too :O

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 7:56 pm
OMG... Is it fully mapped out because if it is i think there will be a lot of happy campers (me included) GOOD JOB if you did the mapping, if not still GOOD JOB... Is this VDJ 6? I'm loving the latest developments is like everyone stayed quiet in their labs experimenting with this thing till they got it working. Now I can see myself purchasing an NS7 very soon...

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 8:11 pm
Ok Ok so where is the map?? Looks like it werks!

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 8:17 pm
Wowwwwww, It is about time that we see VV on the PC screen matched up with the NS7 (Nessie). Good job man. Can't wait to link up my Nessie and VV! Beautiful!

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 1:38 am
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello

Good job DJ Esco but your version of vdj is a 5.x ! and I thought that the ns7 could only be mapped on vd6 cause of the 14bits midi encoder !

On this video we see only the left platter the play button and the crossfader . What about the other functions loop sliders cues etc ...

Thanks

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 3:16 am
qlprodHome userMember since 2009
Hey guys this is DJ Quartz,

I'm glad I was able to help you guys out with the info I posted on the NI forum, this is my thread... http://www.nativeinstruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79010

The chart that was posted here is all the midi output CC values. I'm still mapping the controls in Traktor Pro. Once I have everything working completely. There is a tool one of the users have created to make a nicely formatted midi chart and can be exported to pdf format.

Once everything is fully functional I will be posting a nice midi chart for download which will have notes explaining what the input CC values are and what they control.

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 12:35 pm
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hello DJ quartz

thanks for your precious help ! We are all waiting for a final midi map of this controler .

hope to see this upload soon ...

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 4:05 pm
djesco1:

Limited edition user
Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 8:31 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlWzMKk57w
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW!!! i never thought i see that ns7 platters working with vdj!!!

can you send the midi map to me: i can share back scratch tools or something :)
arturohdzpr@gmail.com

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 09 @ 11:37 pm
Quartz How far have you gotten specifically?

and will we get in any troubles for any of this (meaning does Atomix have our back? I know the community will, but will Numark get mad?)<- as previously discussed in the NI forum.

I will go into discussion about version 6 later. (I am still testing a few things) But honestly from what I have seen if Atomix releases publicly Not just the MIDI map but software which is needed (to get the appropiate decode functions within the software) Then it would be "Stright Mad Pimpin' Fly!!!" due to the features it has. You have to do a gang load of moddification to ver 5x to make the platters
Other functions are mappable by use of the learn but by far (so far It seems 6 seems most promising)

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 12:31 am
Hello folks ;-),

i am back from my hollidays :-) - 2 Weeks in Aegypt ;-)

As i see, some others have done some work with my (very default) Definition and Mapper Files ;-) Nice to see that.
Can someone give me an update of the current status ? Are the Def/Mapper completely work or is it just an '7 Bit' Solution by using just the MSB of the MIDI code ?

Maybee, answers better as an PM.

Greetings, Heiko

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 6:19 am
Jakovski:
Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 1:19 pm
Hello folks ;-),

i am back from my hollidays :-) - 2 Weeks in Aegypt ;-)

As i see, some others have done some work with my (very default) Definition and Mapper Files ;-) Nice to see that.
Can someone give me an update of the current status ? Are the Def/Mapper completely work or is it just an '7 Bit' Solution by using just the MSB of the MIDI code ?

Maybee, answers better as an PM.

Greetings, Heiko

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings Jakovski
Glad you are back from Vacation (Hollidays)
Were you filming Transformers 3?? Just kidding, I am certain you got a tan.

You stated that others have doe work with your default mapper. Where was this posted? It would have been helpful through all we were going through at least setting the foundation. We did find the one DJ Quartz implemented for N.I.'s Traktor software but it was for Traktor.

Now for clarafication. It is to my understanding that Atomix has released a sort of "Exclusive V.I.P. Beta Map/Patch" to work with the NS7 but are only issuing at the time to the Atomix users aho hold V.I.P. DJ Status from what I was told by a Atomix representative in sales.

I looked over the VIP list of DJs (I havent called any of them yet but know how to get a hold of 2 who are in my areas) But my question is how many of these actually use an NS7 extensively or even own one?

Furthermore (and trust me I am not kicking anyone in the nads for this) but are not the Pro version users supposed to be the beta testers???

I use my Hercules and carry my laptop on all my flights and write programs (or edit) when I am sitting at Starbucks? You went on vacation and forgot about us??? WOW I want a job at Atomix I would eat sleep and fart out code all day. :) DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THIS WOULD IMPACT THE SALES OF VDJ 6??? ----> The Legendary Release of the NS7 fully working?

I am certain everyone here in this forum would support and do all the marketing for you FREE!!!

By the way I recieved your PM just give me a call instead.

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 11:47 am
Thank you for the clarification
I am not here to discredit anyone

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 12:01 pm
No problem. I'm just constantly monitoring this thread to see if anyone has any breakthroughs. The files posted are definitely not complete, and they were posted as more of an encouragement to get others working to get this thing integrated.

I believe it would be much more rewarding to integrate the NS7 ourselves than to have it spoon fed to us, but that's just me. :p
Although I do keep hearing that we will need some sort of patch for the Platters to work correctly, but all the MIDI code is there, we just gotta be smart interpreting it correctly.

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 12:13 pm
I totally agree with you and so do Maverick and Method who in their words term the issue as the NS7 funtioning as a dongle.
Most would agree that there is a diffrence between decoding and translating but the line is extremely thin and the laws favor the the manufacturers.
Keep in mind this is for educational purposes only and I throw no stones to Numark Serato or Atomix.
However, Numark stated (vaguely) that this would work with other softwares. They did not state to what degree. They also did state they would help software developers however no information or SDKs has been released.

I would like to hear feed back from Atomix in this matter and find out if they have recieved any support in this. If they have not then from Numark as to why not and to what degree what can be termed public knowledge.

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 1:20 pm
This is like sailing on a HUGE ocean (Numark) with no navigational instruments (Atomix) hoping one day that we will either see LAND or be picked up by a passer by.

My point, could Numark and Atomix sign a truce just for this particular project, work in conjunction for a fully functioning map i.e. well tested and proven and generate substantial revenues for both stakeholders....PLEASE!!!

P.S. This is really paradox how so many consumers are pleading with both companies to find a solution so we can spend our money in a global recession :(

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 2:00 pm
I totally agree with all your comments.

For example I am oneof them.... i have the total control with version of CUE, and also have a copy of a friend of mine of VDJ that we both buy it $$$ and as can you see in my picture i use 3 laptos just beacuse i love my NS7 but dont like itch and also love Virtual dj & CUE but the thing is that im just gaiting to the NS7 to be FULLY compatible with VDJ to buy (upgrade) my CUE to VDJ PRO so i can have access to all the tools, and the rest of things from the forums. mark my words more people will buy VDJ just to used with the ns7 since it simple math: the best and most complete software: VIRTUAL DJ + the best hardware: the NS7 = a VERY VERY POWERFULL & PERFECT COMBINATION TO ALL THE TYPES OF DJS.

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 3:08 pm
By the way this truce you speak about I believe is affected by a contract agreement. Remember the NS7 originally had extra buttons and knobs minus the slider control. (A picture was once posted in the forums here and in the N.I. one. I dont remenber who posted the pictures of the original NS7 and the original "compatible software list" (which included VDJ) but its here somewhere unless some one deleted it. Also are the photos of one of my NS7s I took apart and documented so I could make hardware/software moddifications to it.

Anyways keep in mind before releasing the NS7 Serato stepped in and worked with Numark 2 years to harmoniously further design the NS7 and "perfectly" develop a software that would be used for it and VCI-300 yet having a bit more to offer. Hence the spining platters. This is where you binding contract lays today.

I dont blame anyone. Serato did a kick ass job but lacks the Effects features of Virtual DJ, I can't no longer say they lack video support because they do but it is the price for the addons needed that make that a bit steep for even me. I do know a hardware addition can be made to the Vestax VCI-300 controller to addon effects processing even by channel. But once again it is the price and the need to addon additional hardware.

I promise I will do a side by side comparision of each and be neutral as possible. I have been flooded with many diverse questions. But kkep in mind I do not own a full version of Pro 6. I am kind of disapointed at the fact you get a upgrade discount for one unit but I own 3 Atomix backed products all which I proudly and boldly use both on the road, in flights and in the studio, or when I am sipping on coffe feeling a creative vibe after a few doses of needed caffine.

Other than that I am Still waiting for a response........(any of the two)

Inviato Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 11:12 pm
30%