Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 0'01% pitch range please!!! - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I AM RESIDENT AT MENTA, A SUCCESSFUL CLUB IN MALLORCA WITH A FAME OF GOOD MUSIC AND PERFECT MIXES!! I NEED A PROFESIONAL SOLUTION. I USE STANTON FS, NOW, IVE TRIED UR DEMO AND I LOVE IT!! BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM!! WHEN THE BPM DETECTION ITS CORRECT IT WORKS SO WELL BUT WHEN I WANT BEATMATCH MANUALLY I NEED SOME PROFESIONAL PRESICION, TO ME VDJ WILL BE A TOY UNTILL U ADD ONE MORE DIGIT. 0'01% PITCH RANGE WOULD BE PERFECT.

IF THERE IS ANY KIND OF SET UP TO FIX THIS... I WILL BUY IT.
ANYWAY STILL GREAT JOB GUYS BUT I THINK THAT TRYING TO MIX VIDEOS BEFORE U CAN MIX WELL AUDIO ITS INMATURE.

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 5:50 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Marcodefez;

The BPM precision for VirtualDJ is more than 0.01% (when calculating and changing the value). It's a bit different witth the pitch slider.

If your BPM is not correct you can correct by using the BPM button (or a shortcut).
Personally I use the anchors method which I finf very easy and quick.

No problem for beatmatching when your tracks are well analyzed; don't worry.

Regards,
Clax

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 8:07 pm
(Please don't write with caps lock activated; it's hard to read)

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 8:08 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MARCOFEDEZ:

Create a pitch shortcut with a value of +/- 1, which changes the pitch with a resolution of 1/4096. And set +/-34% range under PITCH Settings.

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 8:33 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I think is more inmature (or just a baby) who says it's a professional DJ and he dosen't match 2 songs without a precision of 0.01%... come on!, and let me tell you, mixing videos it's so easy in VDJ that is not issue to a real DJ, but it's a big plus.

Inviato Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 11:50 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
try the sortcut shift and + together, it is already very precise.

Inviato Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 11:49 pm
hi guys, 1st i want to apologise for 2 things, my cheeky coment about the video mixing!! jeje i was nervous and im sorry also apologise for typing with caps lock, i didnt know it was harder to read.
All i want its a 0'01% range on the pitch control slide bar.
I play house, electro... if it was randb it would be ok cos mixes are not as long! but for house music its nice to mix long and pacefully jejejeje

hope u add a decimal on that pitch!
anyway i like this!

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:02 pm
ah! this guy that says i cant mix 2 songs and stuff.... hey man ive just seen ur playlist and i understand why u feel comfortable mixing with vdj3.
u play comercial music, mixes are not as long! and the beatmatch will last u from the entire mix, maybe u just have to adjust it once or never. but my mixes are long, often more than a minute and i need the pitch to be set properly so i can forguet about readjustings and play with the mixer or mix a 3rd deck.
i dont want to keep fixing the mix.

so please another digit.... ;)

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:15 pm
acw_dj !!! do u use timecoded vinil?? cos i see this tc vinil thing. if u do, then its normal u can mix perfect cos using decks that problem its solved!

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:17 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think what bothers him is that second decimal isn't displayed in the skin. Can this be changed with skin's xml, or is it inside the program iself?

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:18 pm
erxon!! u got it man! ;) thats all i need! well i dont mind if the screen tells me or not. but i would like the software to let me speed up a song to 0'01%. ah by the way the skin i want to use is that traktor simulating one.

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:27 pm
Let me explain the BPM in VDJ.

A digital track is composed by a lot of samples. With 44.1Khz files there is 44100 samples by second.
Each beat is represented on the screen by a CBG (little square - the 1° CBG of a 4 beats measure is represented by a bigger square).

VirtualDJ uses 2 values calculated during the analyze (which can be corrected manually):
==>SongBpm and SongPhase.

- SongBpm represents the number of samples between 2 beats (CBG).
- SongPhase represents the number of samples from the first one to the first beat (CBG).
(Example: For a 120BPM track the SongBpm value is 22050 (44100/2=22050)).
==> The BPM can be manually corrected at 1/44100

==> The pitch can be changed with +-8, 12 and 34%.
==> The slider is the same for these 3 changes.
==> A slider can take 4096 different values.

OOOuuuuh I think I'll have a glass I'm getting crazy with all these figures.
Regards.

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 3:26 pm
so you are trying to say that i should edit or cheek if its the bpm of every track?? cant i just play normal as always? i dont want to preadjust the bpm of a trak i want to speed up the trak while im playing! wow guys! this is the normal dj job!! before there was not magic bars!
0'01 pitch range on slide bar would be wiked! cheek bison sofrware that comes with xp10 im trying the demo and it has the second decimal presicion, i would use that but i like ur sftware better. it just needs that. imagine u are on a mix, and u have a trak that u keep speeding up using the pith bend to keep a clear mix, and then u finally decide to give it a + to the pitch. then it hapens that u need to press - to keep that mix clear!!! i need something in between so it stays at the right speed all time while i can mix other things or just play with the mixer!

thanks to every single one thats trying to read me and sorry if my english cause any confusion! im spanish...

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 3:51 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You just have to create some keyboard shortcuts to do what you want exactly. If you want to pitch only with mouse, you'll never get it. Try to do some shorcuts that you would use when you are close to the BPM.

Did you try the Pioneer CDJ-700S skin?
On this skin, up on the pitch slider there are two white arrows that will do a "fine pitch". Let's give it a try and give us your comments...

FRUiT94

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 5:50 pm
When using TTs that can be a normal thing to do actually. The platter is always +/- 0.01%

so sometimes speeding up slightly helps keep the beats in place. I don't really mind it now that I'm used to it but sometimes just tapping the pitch control slightly can solve this issue as well.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 8:20 pm
I just wanted to explain that the BPM value is very precise.
Like Fruit said it's possible to do some fine pitch variation even if the 0.0x% is displayed.

Open VDJ then go to the settings area.
Hit Shortcut then "add". List the function availables for the pitch. There is some explanations for values to encode.
There is 4096 possibilities for the pitch level according to the pitch settings (+-8, 12, or 34%).
It's also possible to do the same with buttons on the skins.

Regards,
Clax

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 8:44 pm
VDJ It's pretty accurate. I apologize to all of you who use an exact match for all the song. When I need more than a minute to do my mix, I use beat lock (it's a tool so , I use it). And for me it's easyest mix house or techo, I don't know why, maybe because I learn to mix disco music and use a minimal equipment to do the job. Thats why I do mixes in my sets with some other styles.

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 10:34 pm
Using TCV's always have an oscilation in the pitch of +-0.1% (not 0.01%) and it dosen't mind, because for me is like real Vynils. My Turntables are 2 Technics SL-1210 MK2.

Regards!

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 10:52 pm
ok i have tried that skin, the skin looks coll but i havent seen that fine pitch! all i have seen its a slide bar for gain, one for normal pitch and the volume of the deck.

thanks for trying to help me
if we sort this out i will buy vdj and xp10.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 11:46 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The "fine pitch" buttons are two little triangular arrows just on the top of the pitch slider.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 1:47 pm
27%