Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 0'01% pitch range please!!! - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I dont know if its possible for the skins to display 2 digits after the dot (.)
But i use the "sync" function by keyboard shortcut instead of beatlock (wich is a permanent sync) Pressing this button it matches the tempo of the song you want the other deck exactly.
So if it is +2.33% (and you see 2.3%) dont worry.
I use this all the time with and its the quickest way.
It works with TC (vinyl or cd) but there is a limitation: pitch slider of turntables or cdplayers, must have the same value (eg. both to zero, or both +1...) else an offset is added to "sync"

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 1:55 pm
THANKS FOR TRYING TO HELP ME GUYS, BUT I DONT WANT MAGIC SYNCS AND BEATLOCKS COS FOR THAT U NEED TO ANALIZE AND SOMETIMES CORRECT THE BPM OF EACH SONG AND I CANT DO THAT WITH EVERY SINGLE SONG I USE.

THANKS ANYWAY, IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A SKIN THAT SHOWS 2 DIGITS AFTER THE DOT PLEASE TELL ME.

THANKS.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 2:41 pm
AH! sorry for using caps. i forgot.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 2:42 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Apopsis, With my TCV's I'm using the pitch of my turntables and not the pitch of VDJ. Is more like a real vynils. I use the effects, loops, and other things of VDJ but not the pitch.

Marco, you only have to do ONCE the analisys of your songs with VDJ. And since you use house, VDJ will put the correct BPMs of 99% of your songs. It's a great tool, you'll find it.

And if you already have this measures in your current CD Player (0.01%) use the Time Coded CDs instead. I think is a better way.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 4:16 pm
@acw...
Its more like a tip that i wrote...
Instead of match everytime with the (hardware) pich slider i press the "sync" button first (numlock in my keyboard, assigned to the default player). This does the "hard" work for me in a second and i use the pitch slider for fine tuning (if needed) or for songs wrong calculated by Vdj. Time saving...
Try it !

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:44 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Marcofedez

Sorry, the number of pitch digits that are displayed can't be changed. This is in the skin engine. Only the team could change somthing in that.
Maybe in a new update.

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 1:39 am
thanks lej78480 this is the 1st real answer i get! i will wait till the team fixes that and then buy it. its important for the software to be good for mixing manually.

thanks to everyone

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 12:48 pm
I will also ask you something, if u do a loop using tcvinils will the neddle stop for you?? jeje i dont understand! what if u finish the vinil surface and the song its still playing or in a loop??
anyway this post its to ask this cos i was wondering but the real problem i have its the pitch thing.
thanx

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 1:18 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
No the neddle won't stop if you do a loop it will continue, but if you stop the neddle, the loop will stop too.

When the vinyl surface is finished and the song is stille playing, the song will continue, this is something very important, VDJ dev team thought of.

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 2:26 pm
MARCOFEDEZ,

Your actually CD player have the 0.01% in his display? Because if it's true, you can buy the VDJ and use de Time Coded CD's. This will you get all the advantages of VDJ and your pitch requirement in your CD Player.

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 4:36 pm
MARCOFEDEZ, very well said about the video thing!

Give us 3 band compressor/limiter (user adjustable), true MIDI clock sync (in and out) pre-rendered beat maps so the damn thing never goes out of sync!!!

Video is great... once the processor can handle it! lets all focus on the audio thing first, which is why we are ALL here!

[beside, how many of you actually know how to produce video? if you play the crap you rip it's 100% illegal in the US of A, Germany, France, Spain, UK, and any other trade partner of the USA, PERIOD! (it's part of the trade agreement... we want to spread our filth and trash on all you guys!)]

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 7:47 am
adeeperbluegreen!!! i like what u say about the video.
i don mind if the software has auto sync or not i would even rather to find a software without any of this kind of help and had a 0'01% pitch range! then i could mix in peace! lol without having to readjust the beatmatch all the time!!! can u believe that when i have a song playing at +1'1 i need to keep pith bending to keep a clear mix ant then if i speed it up to +1'2 i need to keep pitch bending the other deck!!! thats why i want something in between so the mix stays in peace and i can mix a 3rd deck or just play with mixer, samples.... i want to forguet about that mix once is done and perfectly beatmatched, i can do this with pioneer cdj1000 and with the technics turntables why not with vdj??? its just one more digit! so please VIRTUAL DJ TEAM!! BEFORE U THINK ABOUT MIXING VIDEOS GIVE ME ONE MORE DIGIT BEHIND THE 0,.... (O'O1 POR FAVOR) ;)

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 10:46 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Marcofedz what version of vdj are you using?

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 11:17 am
The demo of vdj3.

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 11:25 am
I totaly disagree your point of view of video. The problem that MARCOFEDEZ have solution now in 2 ways.

1.- Use TCCDs
2.- USE BEATLOCK.

The DJ is more than MANUALY do things, it's about CREATE.

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 5:04 pm
Yes i agree, it looks more like a "drum machine" to me than a dj...
I make long mixes when needed too and i enjoy them, if i had to look into the pich display all the time to catch the digits, that would be so ...boring...
And as a "music maker" myself, i know bpm's dosn't stay the same in most songs, there are
+/- 1 or 2 bpm variations. Its a common tip to give "energy" to a track.
Even in many dance songs...

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:21 pm
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@MarcoFedez
have you the demo version 3 in the disco and two xp10?? do you want 0.01 precision in the pitch but you cann´t use two sound cards and the premix??' i don´t understand!!! i don´t understand!! LoL

And you said that the disco is a very important disco and there were invite a very good djs...

Inviato Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 7:52 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Maybe it's a "fully fuctional" demo, which IS possible.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:26 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
tring to ignore the red letters :)

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:32 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
MARCOFEDEZ : do you really work in Menta ?? if you want to look Vdj in accion go to Can picafort ..I work in Papaya .

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 7:18 am
53%