Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 0'01% pitch range please!!! - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

1st, i dont know what beatlock is. (and if is like the sync button and requires to analize every single song and correct the bpm and stuff it doesnt interest me)

2nd, i have not got vdj in the club. All i said is that i have a pair of xp10 and a tablet pc. vdj never came with xp10, only bison.

3rd i do work in Menta.

Whats wrong with wanting to beatmatch manually?? so now if i beatmatch manually im a drum machine o i dont know what u mean man!
I was interested in buying this if it has some pro precision. Bison has it but it doesnt have loops, samples, efects... thats why i am interested.

I NEVER SAID I USE VDJ IN MENTA. NEVER. JUST SAID I WOULD LIKE TO. but im not sure anymore.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 9:35 am
APOPSIS i would like to know what kind of music do u play that has speed variations. Thanks to everyone for teaching me what music is. ¬_¬' (that im new on vdj website doesnt mean i was bornt yesterday).

If u think i cant mix without looking at the display bpm counter... decks has not display counter and i feel much better playing with them. at least when i have a mix it stays beat matched. i would say that its about pitch precision but, if u know everything, give me an answer and i will listen to u, but dont use words like (sync, beatlock...) cos i have loads of songs and i keep getting new ones all time and i cant be checking if my songs are well analized or not.
BISON, wich comes with xp10 has a 0'01 pitch range, it doesnt tell u the bpm of a track, and i can mix perfect with it. Iwont have loops, efects, samples... but if i cant find precision in vdj i will have to use that very simple but pro, Bison software.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:06 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Marco> the vdj audio engine offers the precision you need to beatmatch manually! with the xp10, you can fine-tune the pitch just as well as with a 1200.

It looks like what's bothering you is that you can only see XXX.Y bpm values on the screen instead of XXX.YY but don't worry, the sofware itself has a much greater precision than what it displays.

Why would you even look at those values if you want to beatmatch manually? just use your headphones and your pitch slider like you would with standard turntables...

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:13 am
one more thing, i think u dont have my problem cos:

-who uses time codes is using the pitch control of a turntable or a cd player.
-the rest must be using beatlocks, sync button etc etc

TO VDJ TEAM:
guys this seems to have no solution. Thanks for having a free demo to try the software.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:13 am
dj bambi, ive not tried vdj with xp10 cos i only have a demo. using the traktor simulation sking, i pres to the + button once and it speeds up to much. it goes from 000'1 to 000'2. are u trying to say that with xp10 it wont speed up as much?

dj bambi thanks for at least respect me and not speak cheeky. ;)

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:17 am
dj bambi, ive not tried vdj with xp10 cos i only have a demo. using the traktor simulation sking, i pres to the + button once and it speeds up to much. it goes from 000'1 to 000'2. are u trying to say that with xp10 it wont speed up as much?

dj bambi thanks for at least respect me and not speak cheeky. ;)

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:17 am
yes, with xp10 you have very precise control.

with VDJ, if you've set the pitch range to -8% to +8% (you can configure this in the settings window), their are 4096 increments to go from the slowest pitch value (-8%) to the fastest (+8%).

let's say you have a 120bpm song.
With the pitch at -8% (xp10 slider all the way up), the tempo is at 120 - 8% = 110.4 bpm
With the pitch at +8% (xp10 slider all the way down), the tempo is at 120 + 8% = 129.6 bpm

so between min and max value, there is 129.6 - 110.4 = 19.2 bpm

vdj can span those 19.2 bpm in 4096 increments, meaning the software precision in this case is 19.2/4096, which is about 0.004 bpm !

if your controller is precise enough (and the xp10 pitch slider is, it's a high quality Alps very precise fader, same as in Pioneer CD units), then you can enjoy that precision: you can move the slider very slightly, not even one millimeter, and the tempo will change, but you might not see it on the screen because the display value there is not as precise (it rounds up to the nearest XXX.Y value)

Hope this helps.

ps: I did not know that the demo doesn't work with xp10 control. that's a shame!

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 10:59 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think it's possible to test the demo with a XP10 (not two because you can separate outputs).

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 11:03 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes it's possible. XP10, TC, and all hardware controllers are fully functionnal in the demo version.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:07 pm
cool. then Marco, open the config panel and under the Remote Control tab, enable xp10 to try it out.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:09 pm
MARCOFEDEZ for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:12 pm
MARCOFEDEZ for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:19 pm
i didnt say anything worng!!

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:19 pm
thanks dj dambi! someone understands me!! i will give it a try at home where i have the demo.
cool!

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:20 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Marcofedez;
You cannot see your previous posts because you write an MSN adress (this is forbidden for non licenses users).
Happy to see it's more clear now. I haven't understand too ;)

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 12:28 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
But we can see these messages (are not deleted) so dont write the same msg again..

If you tried a skin and the pitch button was not so precise this means nothing.
You can adjust how much value you want in every button (skin or keyboard),unlike other softwares. There is much "hidden" power in vdj.
If you use Timecode, (cd or vinyl) or any controller with slider you just get the precise this slider has.
Analyze of tracks is done automatically when you first load a track, so don't worry about that.
Is it clear now.
And about tempo variations you asked, yes it depends by the style of music,
You can find variations not only in old (not sequenced) music styles,
but also in modern pop/R&B even House/Trance music. It's up to the producer.
I'm speeking about +/-1 (or 2) bpm, not more, you cannot hear it, but you can feel it....

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 5:17 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I see it in the wave form long before I hear it.

Most tracks, especially live tracks drift and vary to some degree.

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 6:02 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just imagine a slider that would, on screen, comfortably range by 0.01... Man, it'll be bigger than the screen itself!!

FRUiT94 (kidding)

Inviato Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 11:35 pm
depends, maybe some would like to define the slider range to -1% to +1%, hence gaining in granularity :)

marco> also note the presence of pitch-bend buttons on all skins. if you match two tracks at the nearest .1, then you'll only have to hit the pitch bend every once in a while, just like you'd pinch the center spindle on a turntable to fine-tune...

Inviato Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 9:31 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Guys,

I been thru this posts and find many answers, explaining over and over that VDJ is capable of MORE than the requested precision. I also give 2 real solutions to the exposed problem.

Am I the only one who notice that Marcofedez don't peak the solutions gave to him? (only DJ Bambi after 50 post? the second post says the answer (Clax, erxon, lej78480), but Marcofedez don't understand and don't ask. It seems that he don't read it)

Is anyone here who don't analyze his songs and matters the display of BPMs?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that analyze our songs is part of the job. (If I want all of VDJ)

Inviato Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 10:05 am
80%