Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VD7 and voice - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

cstoll wrote :
Damn typo! ;(

deck # linein 'mic'

LineIn not Line - sorry

YES!! Hahaaa!! Works PERFECT!! I love that I can apply effects to it! And I'm using 2 soundcards, Maya44 for timecodes and outputs to the 4 decks and my laptops Realtek HD card for the MIC.

Thanks for the time and info
Huey

Inviato Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 11:59 pm
nick121PRO (legacy)Member since 2009
Naw I'll stick to vdj6...im happy with it. lol

Unless they can come out with a release addressing the non-asio cards. For the meantime im not gonna deal with the skin shit. I just wanna spin....... not program the damn thing

Peace

Inviato Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 4:41 pm
My realtek is a non asio card!! Its so easy, lmao!! Y'all are missing out!

Huey

Inviato Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 5:11 pm
sunnekePRO (legacy)Member since 2010
I am sticking with version 6 .. unless i can get an idea when a new release of VD7 is forthcoming..???

Inviato Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 7:41 am
Not sure if this will help you guys out any but even after I did the keyboard shortcut the deck I assigned it to was still not controlling the mic volume. I had to right click on on the little speaker icon in the right hand bottom corner of my screen. Then I clicked recording playback, or something like that. I then clicked on the microphone properties. In there I found a setting that said "give control to asking program" or some stuff like that. Anyways between what Chris said and that im good to go!! I can't keep my kids away once they saw all the effects I could apply to there voices!

Hope that helps
Huey

Inviato Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 10:18 am
Hi. havent heard much on this one for a while . Anything on fix ? and if so, when ?

Inviato Fri 29 Oct 10 @ 1:58 am
DJGadgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
FWIW - I have the same problems as others in this thread...I only use VDJ for broadcasting shoutcast and need to use my Mic...

I am extremely dissapointed that not only has this new software released failed to fix known (Mac) bugs as promised, it has destroyed my ability to broadcast and use my microphone (PC). I have been forced to (again) abandon use of VDJ on my Mac and downgrade to VDJ 6 on my PC.

PC - 2x soundcards, both non ASIO.
Mac - Powerbook (OS X 10.6.4 - 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7)

In VDJ 6 the 'Master + Mic' selection in the 'Broacast - config' menu worked fine for the PC, but was a known bug and did not work at all in the Mac version. We were promised a fix for the Mac version in the forthcoming VDJ 7, as this support ticket answer shows;
-------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 3:20 am
Teamer: DJ Homeboy

Issues with recording and configuring the mic will be resolved in the next version of VirtualDJ. As a pro user you will be notified and will get it for free ;)

Regards,
DJ Homeboy
-------------------------------------------------------

I have tried the fixes and workarounds in this thread but;

The PC Mic output is rendered unuseable with crackles.

The Mac VDJ 7 Software reports 'Error in Core Audio' and stops responding, requiring a forced quit.

The software is otherwise excellent, but fixing this issue is LONG overdue. When can we expect a software release that finally fixes these problems?

Inviato Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 3:18 pm
BLV008PRO InfinityMember since 2009
hi there I am also experecing the same problem with VDJ 7 it was not like this before I try to record and all the music came in the mix
my config is like this
record loopback*primary sound driver mic* line 1&2
timecode 1* audio4DJ (asio) line 1&2
timecode2* audio4Dj (asio) line 3&4
deck 1 * audio4Dj (asio) out 1&2
deck 2 * audio4DJ (asio) out 3&4

it works but the recording quality is bad, and still can hear the music in the records that I have done I might have to downgrade to VDJ6 or is there something that Im pluging wrong? I try other combinations such as line 1 mic, but it made it worse, I liked the old menu of recording simple and fast I hope there is something that could fix this problem

Inviato Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 6:34 pm
yes.. any word on ony software updates relating to this?

Inviato Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 6:14 am
Clearly VDJ isnt interested in resolving this issue. My suggestion therefore would be to downgrade to a earlier release, or try a different software that suits your needs at the usability level that suits you. Clearly VDJ isnt interested in the users that were dependent upon the simplicity and usuability of VDJ (they already have your money so who cares right?) Good luck!

Inviato Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 7:44 pm
Maybe because it "WORKS".............and really how hard is it to type out "Deck 1 linein 1 "mic" " and then just add a mic in the advanced config menu?? I use it all the time with effects applied to my voice.

Good Luck
Huey

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 12:21 am
Sorry Beatbreaker but are you a wizard or how you will know for sure that it "WORKS" on all Clients?

It just does not, something in the advanced menu is screwed up, some here have horrible sounds hereif they use it.

And why it was at vdj 6 so easy to use without ASIO Driver or Advanced Menu? Usability looks different for me!

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 4:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
JoeyTC wrote :
And why it was at vdj 6 so easy to use without ASIO Driver or Advanced Menu? Usability looks different for me!

This has already been explained. Yes it's slightly more complicated, but you can actually use a microphone properly now rather than for just broadcast purposes. Invaluable for MIDI controller users.

If you don't like it then you are of course entitled to continue to use v6.

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 4:26 am
I believe in all of this you all are forgetting the dj who broadcast using usb headset with usb mic.. what ix is there for those of us who use that systems USB HEADSET WITH MIC..

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 12:51 pm
It should show up as a sound card that you can then select in advanced config. I don't have one to test with personally though I'm afraid.

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 2:40 pm
jlsr22Home userMember since 2009
Once again another program, is trying to leave the vinyl DJ behind and only think of the controller (midi) users. That is my 2 cents

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 8:11 pm
Of course if you're a vinyl user it doesn't even matter since you'll probably be using an external mixer and you're most likely to be using it's mic, so none of these changes make *any* difference.

They've added functionality to improve mic support (along with line in, rewire in and so on) and you can still then record your mic for broadcast purposes. You can also now sample your mic, apply effects and so on, so the new method is far better than VDJ having no proper mic support like before.

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 9:23 pm
what I would do in your situation is go into the advanced tab, and play around with settings until you actually find what Vritual DJ sees as your microphone. Then I'd set a dedicated mic input.

Inviato Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 10:15 pm
jlsr22Home userMember since 2009
I stream to secondlife my sets just thru my laptop. Why do I need to climb a mountain to have voice in vdj7. Did they ever hear if its not broke don't fix it

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 5:58 am
steve91325@yahoo.com wrote :
I believe in all of this you all are forgetting the dj who broadcast using usb headset with usb mic.. what ix is there for those of us who use that systems USB HEADSET WITH MIC..

MY ticket to support was responded to and I was told that the answer to all the mic woes were answered on page 11 of the audio setup guide. Admittedly I am not the most technically proficient, but I am not understanding how anything in that section applies to USB headsets w/mic? Perhaps someone here can break it down for me...

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 7:52 am
65%