Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VD7 and voice - Page: 5

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
A USB headset with a microphone is just a soundcard and will work in exactly the same way as any other soundcard with a microphone.

jlsr22 wrote :
I stream to secondlife my sets just thru my laptop. Why do I need to climb a mountain to have voice in vdj7. Did they ever hear if its not broke don't fix it

Because more users were demanding better and more flexible microphone support. VDJ6 didn't really actually support microphones at all, other than for broadcast and a few consoles. Users demanded better mic support, you can now use a mic properly within VDJ.

Of course no-one is forcing you to use VDJ7.

Since you were commenting on being a vinyl user, you'll be using an external mixer and feeding that back to a line input for broadcast. Use the microphone channel on your mixer and you won't even have to climb a step let along a mountain.

Of course if you're not using a vinyl and external mixer then your earlier comment makes even less sense...

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 8:24 am
To those users having issues with their microphone setup, please post a screenshot with what you have set up in the sound configuration of VDJ, and what the problem with your microphone is and we will take it from there.

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 8:29 am
Im gonna post a video tonight on how to do this cause y'all are putting WAY to much thought behind this. Like Scott said this way is SOOOOOOO much better because of the things it allows you to do such as add effects, sample your voice plus a few others.

Stay Tuned
Huey

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 8:39 am
OK this is how I step up a MIC with VDJ7,

Its a pretty easy process as you can see and it works well I might add. If you have any questions just hit me up.

Good Luck
Huey

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 9:23 pm
jlsr22Home userMember since 2009
A USB headset with a microphone is just a soundcard and will work in exactly the same way as any other soundcard with a microphone.

jlsr22 wrote :
I stream to secondlife my sets just thru my laptop. Why do I need to climb a mountain to have voice in vdj7. Did they ever hear if its not broke don't fix it

Because more users were demanding better and more flexible microphone support. VDJ6 didn't really actually support microphones at all, other than for broadcast and a few consoles. Users demanded better mic support, you can now use a mic properly within VDJ.

Of course no-one is forcing you to use VDJ7.

Since you were commenting on being a vinyl user, you'll be using an external mixer and feeding that back to a line input for broadcast. Use the microphone channel on your mixer and you won't even have to climb a step let along a mountain.

Of course if you're not using a vinyl and external mixer then your earlier comment makes even less sense...

Since I am already aware that a mixer has an mic input. My earlier comment was more of a general statement, which is why i added the second part since i DJ both ways. So sense less not, a lil off track maybe. However that still doesn't not take away the point that it worked before, but to cater to the controllers the changed a feature, that now others need to map a mic to a deck. Now that is really sense less.

Inviato Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 10:02 pm
It's not sense less.

* External mixer user: No change
* Controller user: Can now use mic
* Mouse user: Can now use mic
* Broadcast user: Can still use mic, a little extra configuration required

So at the expense of seemingly annoying the broadcast users, everyone else benefits. As a plus, everyone can now sample/fx/scratch the mic channel.

Once again though if you don't like the changes in V7 then stay with V6. No-one has forced you to upgrade.

If you want to use V7 then you're just going to have to live with the upgrade of the broadcast mic options.

There were loads of complaints about the mapping changes made to v6 - people moaned and moaned and moaned. Once people actually got their heads around it and had a play they realised the benefits.

If it doesn't work for you then post up your configuration - if you just want to complain that you don't like it then I'll leave you to it.

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 5:13 am
If this is a place where people are to express their likes and dislikes of a product help each other and stuff why do people get attitude like they own the company. Yes broadcasters should have a problem. There must have been a way to keep the old and the new. That way we would not be having this Convo. That is the point. But I am happy you are happy with the new that is good for you I don't really think I need someone to tell me that I am not forced to take an upgrade. That's was not the point of any post on this issue. However as a Sr. Moderator I am sure you know this

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 6:08 am
Well what is your point??? We already know you don't like it and you wont post a picture of your settings so we can HELP find you an EASY way to set it up...........you've made your point so to me this is turnin into a senseless rant.

Huey

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 6:15 am
Yes I did see the post of how to do it and yes I do understand how it needs to be done have not had time to do since I broadcast Sunday - Thursday. I will try this weekend. I still feel it is dumb but I do like the thought of having the extra decks in vd7. So I don't feel my reply to others is a point less rant.

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 6:32 am
sunnekePRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Oks .. since i raised the OP i have finally got this to work thanks to the youtube vid done by beatbreaker1. I still prefer VD6 way of doing it which was simple and easy to configure up. Now with headphones and mic i get this godawful echo type delay as i can hear my voice then the broadcasted voice in headphones with overlapping delay but i think i can work round that. So.. thanks for all the help here and yes got success so will try VD7 in live performance and see how it goes.

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 8:19 am
Hi Sunneke you have to search your ASIO Driver and mute the channel then you just hear the stream.

BTW its also working without the advanced config, but it dont works very well something on the ASIO part is still screwed up i think.

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 8:36 am
Sweet!! Glad it helped you out.
Keep us posted
Huey

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 8:43 am
jlsr22 wrote :
If this is a place where people are to express their likes and dislikes of a product help each other and stuff why do people get attitude like they own the company.

I've not been giving you any attitude, nor have I been acting like I own the company. My posts are generally aimed at helping people out - you don't actually seem to be needing any help, nor having any problem - you simply want to complain. That is your prerogative I guess, however you're expressing an opinion and I'm more than entitled to express one back.

jlsr22 wrote :
There must have been a way to keep the old and the new. That way we would not be having this Convo. That is the point.

Why would Atomix then want to maintain two different microphone methods, with the added confusion thereof? Surely it's simpler to change things in a major version update with a clean break? Surely that would confuse things for new users? This new method is probably more flexible for most users.

jlsr22 wrote :
But I am happy you are happy with the new that is good for you I don't really think I need someone to tell me that I am not forced to take an upgrade. That's was not the point of any post on this issue. However as a Sr. Moderator I am sure you know this

My point was that if you don't like the way VDJ7 works then stay with VDJ6. You don't need to have upgrade fever and always be on the latest and greatest - particularly if it doesn't work for you. Of course if there are things in VDJ7 that you want to use, then you'll just have to live with the changes.

It makes no difference to me either way since I've never used a mic within VDJ in the past; I've always used the mic on my mixers. If I did decide to use an all-in-one controller in the future with a mix through VDJ then I'd be happy with the new method as it means I could do it.

Inviato Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 2:31 pm
nick121PRO (legacy)Member since 2009
KK Im with VDJ7 bandwagon now.....lol

I have my mic set in deck 2 cuz only deck 1&2 u can apply special effect

question.....

is there a way u can mute or not hear yourself talk?

I cant talk n listen to myself at the same time

Thank u for ur time

Inviato Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 11:32 am
BTW I'm loving the 4 decks skin now i can use 3 decks......yayyy for VDJ

Inviato Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 11:36 am
nick121 wrote :

is there a way u can mute or not hear yourself talk

That's a very good question................hmmm........have to look into this.

Huey

Inviato Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 1:55 pm
hey beatbreaker ty for your nice vid, but believe ppl like me maybe have same issues with the advanced config.

as soon as i choose adv. conf. and put there the mic like you did in the vid (except that i have just "output 1&2") the sound from the mic is chopped horrible and disfunctional.

Inviato Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 3:52 pm
Joey....

advance config

Master yoursoundcard output 1&2
microphone mic-here input 1&2

thats it bro

thats all u need to put in advance config

then u go to mappers n map the deck where ur mic should activate

mine i put it in deck 2

key = x
action - deck 2 linein 'mic'

as shown by beatbreaker in the video

whenever u want to use the mic u hit X first
to disable mic u hit X again

ohh have to add this...
it important that u hit ur key before using the mic....
otherwise distortion

Inviato Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 8:18 pm
i did and it works so far but when you hit the x to close the mic on deck 4 the mic switch what is above at VDJ turns on and then you hear this weird microphone sound thing.

in that moment i use micro konfig or advanced konfig, the asio driver is working i guess.
then i have that extra micro switch in VDJ and if you use this one or when you shut the micro down with hit the X second time this switch is on (yellow) and you hear that freaked micro.

Inviato Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 8:50 pm
Ok I know everyone has been waiting to hear from me. lol. I did the crazy setup thing. Yes it worked and maybe one day I will think it is cool. But it does work.

Inviato Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 9:34 pm
81%