Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VD7 and voice - Page: 6

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

does anyone have and idea how i can fix this what i worte above?

Inviato Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 8:43 am
Im not at home.but ill have a look tonight and post a fix if I find 1. It basically sounds like the mic is being turned ontwice and that might be the cause for the distortion, I don't know though.

Huey

Inviato Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 8:56 am
jlsr22Home userMember since 2009
The sound quality of my USB mic is horrible and I get a echo with VDJ 7 any ideas on this one.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:18 pm
Hello
After battling for a while on how to connect a mic on VDJ7, I finally got it to work thanks to the video of HEARTBREAKER it was much easier to setup the whole thing.
I must admit that it does not make sense the way its done, but it also a bigger advantage when you can use many effects on the deck that you specify as MICROPHONE.
As you all know the VDJ7 can use multiple decks, i have tried to mix with 4 and sometimes gets a bit confusing and i'm not sure how many djs are actually going to use more than 3 or 4 decks, but i have choosen 3 decks, so therefore the MIC is on deck 3.
So created a key or a shortcut with ( deck 3 linein 'mic' ), choose also a skin with 4 decks or look up in the skin section for a 3 deck skin, and thats all you need to do.
I also have an HERCULES STEEL controller so for those who wants to use the controller for the mic what i did was to change a couple of keys and VOILA mic is working with volume control on my controller.
I used the MASTER VOL. for MIC VOLUME DECK 3 and SCRATCH for MIC ON of course that i did not forget the MASTER VOLUME so i made the BALANCE knob my MASTER VOLUME, it makes life so much easier having only the features you need on the bottons of the controller.
I hope that this small explanation can help others to connect the MICROPHONE on VDJ7 and also on the HERCULES controller.
Give it a try I'm sure it will work 100%

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 9:05 am
Well i would but i still have that problem with the Disortsion at the mic Switch in the Skin.

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 12:20 pm
What skin are you using bro?

Huey

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 12:43 pm
the normal VD 7 4 Decks 1280x1024 there you have the mic switch on top line if youre activation Adv. config. or Micro config over the ASIO Driver.

btw

Hi beatbreaker i saw a Script what you use and played around for the Micro Part on the other Post.

If i mapp this

deck 4 linein mic on & down ? deck 4 linein mic on : deck 4 linein mic off & mic

It works that the normal Mic Switch stays off when i release the mapped key (in my case X) but i dont get it how i can turn this Script

that the mic stays on when pressed once and goes off when pressed another time like " deck 4 linein 'mic' "

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 1:05 pm
Push... no Suggestions still?

Inviato Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 6:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try this..
deck 4 linein mic

or this..
deck 4 linein mic on ? deck 4 linein mic off : deck 4 linein mic on

They both should work.
Try it.

Inviato Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 11:43 am
I also mean the complete Problem with the Disortion on the Main Mic Switch at the Skin.

But someon in german Forum wrote that very poss. a bug and its known already so i am maybe damned to wait for an Update.

Inviato Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 9:37 am
I was about to really throw a tantrum because I tried the suggested methods and when I used the deck # linein "mic" or whatever the soundcard froze. When I did setup in the advanced config I realized that when I selected Microphone then clicked on the mic button on the skin it came out low and distorted. (Mind you I was using my mic on my primary soundcard realtek something) I have a torq conectiv soundcard and used these settings to give me control and a clean sounding mic. (I use a sm58 shure mic and torq conectiv) Thank you vdj because wow,using the effects are reallllllllllly cool and clean. Let me show you guys how set it. I also never tried 4 decks because I always believed you needed a special sound card. How wrong could I be.lol, I'm using 4 decks and the third deck is for the shure sm58 microphone. All I do is leave the button in the skin called "aux" on because I can easily control the volume of the microphone on the torq conectiv. I believe that the more professional mic and audio interface you have also affects your sound quality.

Torq Conectiv Soundcard (Audio Interface)

Shure sm58mic

Set it as advanced config

Set it as

Click the aux button and their you go.

Inviato Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 4:29 pm
steptukPRO (legacy)Member since 2010
I have used the fix too and it does work but i do get crackle. The biggest bug bear with me is I cant crossfade between tunes as the mic is one side and doesnt overide whereever the crossfader was as before. This means i cant preview songs without having to remember to put the crossfader back to centre - its a right faff and far from what i expected. I have purchased version 7 , but would be happy to retro to Ver 6 if possible. Can it stil be downloaded and will it work with my key?

Inviato Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 12:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can contact support for an older version.

It's worth noting that you can tell configure a deck to be independent from the crossfader.

Inviato Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 4:44 pm
steptukPRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Dear SBDJ

Thank you for your reply. I would greatly appreciate some instructions on how to configuire the mic set up in ver 7 as you suggest.
I will try this 1st and hope it allows me not to request a downgrade to Ver 6

Many thanks

Inviato Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 6:58 am
@DJLIVESTRONG:

Nice that it works in youre case but some still have the disortion when they shut off the mic on dec 4 the mic switch in the skin goes online.

Inviato Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 7:41 am
sunnekePRO (legacy)Member since 2010
jeez.. this thread just gets longer and longer ... Why cant VDJ 7 have same method of handlin mic and headphones as VDJ 6 ? Im so fed up launching VDJ 6 and getting that dialog box telling me theres a new version available. I sure dont want VDJ 7 right now. :-(

Inviato Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 1:08 pm
Hmmm well esp. that is since October what ive heard now is this a bug with some soundcards ..... slowly it is annoying :S

I can just stream with winamp and the shoutcast plugin atm.

Honestly if the other big DJ Prog what is used for streaming (S..) would support .m4a files i would switch!

Nice Talkovers and Micro on Broadcasting with Loops n Jingles so easy to configure!!

:((

cu
Joey

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 9:21 am
sunnekePRO (legacy)Member since 2010
Just made move to S*M so much easier to set up .. Upgrade to VDJ 7 version is worst thing i thing i ever did ...

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 8:33 am
Sorry you feel that way..............

Good Luck
Huey

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 8:42 am
spc5000PRO InfinityMember since 2007
After over a week of trying to find a satisfactory solution to this issue, I've decided to look for a new platform. I've used VDJ for 3 years with my Hercules RMX but this mic debacle in VDJ7 is the last straw. As one of the earlier posters replied, "You shouldn't have to climb a mountain to get a mic to work".

I downloaded Traktor Pro 1.2.7 for the first time 2 days ago and was STUNNED at the GULF in quality compared to VDJ. The sound is crisper, dynamically sharper, more responsive, the effects are simple to implement (and these are quality professional plug-ins to), the GUI is 1000% easier to read than VDJ, full screen is one click, broadcast, record all simply located. It really is like comparing Windows 95 with Windows 7. I really have had my head in the sand believing in VDJ and the mediocre "progress" Atomix have made over the last few releases.

I consider myself a pretty competent person, have been behind the decks for many years but the configuration for VDJ now has got conflicting, complex and confusing.

Atomix, you really need to stand back and take a look at your competition as NI (on this comparison) are light years ahead.

Inviato Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 11:38 am
97%