Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 7.4 - Page: 5

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
sclavel wrote :
djtouchdan wrote :
Question the new content unlimited sounds good. But if you subscribe to Karaoke do you get Music too. Or Video, do you get karaoke and music included.

Or do they all exist as separate subscriptions?

No, every plan is a separate thing.
If you want everything, you need to subscribe to all 3 plans.

The content comes from different content providers who have different billing requirements etc, so we couldn't aggregate the plans together to offer like a "All 3 Plans" option.

with each plan ( Music) how do we know which song are clean and which song are Explicit it don't tell you.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:04 pm
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I downloaded the new VirtualDJ 7.4 replaces the 7.3 last night ( UK time ). Everything looks good and working well here and software is streaming around the world currently 15 countries so far.
From Jeremy Knight
Knight Time Music Radio with DJ Jez
www.listen2myshow.co.uk

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:20 pm
Tjeck1972 wrote :
Did anyone get work DDJ-SX???

I got mine working after I deleted the DDJSX xml files from the "Mappers" and "Devices" folder.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:37 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
DJLo50 wrote :

If u have an Pioneer DDJ-SX from what I've read u need to delete the old mapper, put the deck in Serato mode and install the new version of VDJ. Correct me if I'm wrong VDJ support.

Yes, you are correct !, for new users it is easier as it is more plug and play now.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:45 pm
Greetings, I notice that when you change the functions sx and vdj pionner ddj, for example when I place ROLL, Hot Cue the skin ... Someone else will happen? this with the skin of pionner ddj sx, I hope I explained well, greetings.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:56 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
SBDJ wrote :
Phantom is correct - the SC3900 has MIDI platter support in this build. It does however require a firmware update from Denon that is not yet available.

That is correct and should become avail late next month (target)
The S3700 works like a champ on my Mac, great work VDJ Team !!

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 2:06 pm
samirdj21 wrote :
Greetings, I notice that when you change the functions sx and vdj pionner ddj, for example when I place ROLL, Hot Cue the skin ... Someone else will happen? this with the skin of pionner ddj sx, I hope I explained well, greetings.

I'm not sure I understand but check in SLIP mode is on.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 2:12 pm
VeazyePRO InfinityMember since 2005
map this with a controller button: It's better if you find what it fits you
For loop_roll
looproll: down ? loop 1 while_pressed & skin_pannel "deck1b" on : loop_roll & skin_pannel "deck1a" on : down ? loop 1 while_pressed & skin_pannel "deck1b" on : loop_exit & skin_pannel "deck1a" on
LOOP:skin_pannel "deck1b" ? skin_pannel "deck1a" on & loop_roll : skin_pannel "deck1b" on & loop
For slip you will need to map a button with a led to indicate when slip is active and:
for hot cues will work like hot_cue 1 while_pressed.
after doing scratch the sound will resume from where should have been if you hadn't done it.

1. the "master_balance" doesn't work! Please someone check if it may not work just in my case.
2. Does allen & heath Xone Dj in this version is natively supported?
3. I almost finished mapping the Allen & Heath xone dx to take full advantage of the Virtual dj features thanks to the new features loop_roll and slip_mode but i'm not completly satisfied until the following will be included too:
filter_SLIDER : apply a resonant filter (Use 'filter 50%' to reset/turn off the filter.)
eq_high_SLIDER : set the treble equalizer.
eq_mid_SLIDER : set the medium equalizer.
eq_low_SLIDER : set the bass equalizer.
eq_crossfader_high_SLIDER : crossfade the treble between both decks.
eq_crossfader_mid_SLIDER : crossfade the medium between both decks.
eq_crossfader_low_SLIDER : crossfade the bass between both decks.
key_SLIDER : change the key of the song, from -12 (one octave down) to +12 (one octave up), only in multiple of semitones.
So when mapped the actions with _SLIDER to not perfom any actions if it can be 'unlinked' from the actual knob if the slider position does not match the software know position. Just like gain_slider, crossfader_Slider and volume_slider.
balanced_headphone_mix : change the mix of the PFL (50% is the pfl in the Left ear and the master output in the right ear; 0% pfl in both ears and 100% main mix in both ears. Using inverted could change left ear with right ear.
4. Sound config. Think of a way to save advanced sound configurations in profiles in case someone uses 2 controllers or more and then load them when needed. Big issue: if i select microphone from an asio controller and deck1, deck2, master, etc other asio controller a big crash will happen.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 2:59 pm
DJLo50 wrote :
djsureshot1973 wrote :
well from the replies on 7.4 I think I'll just keep 7.3 and hope to God 8 comes soon.

It works. I fixed my issues with the 3700s. If u have an Pioneer DDJ-SX from what I've read u need to delete the old mapper, put the deck in Serato mode and install the new version of VDJ. Correct me if I'm wrong VDJ support.

I probably won't have issues as I run external mode. old school homie, two decks a mixer and CV

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 3:10 pm
My DDJ-SX it is working OK but some effects do not work like backsping... when press the effect buton to activate, the music stop wprking until you prees play again.. a new BUG?
Windows 7 core 2 duo 8 gygas in ram
DDJ-SX

Dj Quintana

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 4:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi Julio,

I should ask:

1) DO you have the latest firmware update on the Sx?

2) DO you have set the SX to Serato mode?

3) DO you have deleted any definition for SX in your devices folder as well as the mapper for the SX before you test?

This would allow us to nail it down, but seems to me one of those 3 are not done yet.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 4:24 pm
VeazyePRO InfinityMember since 2005
juliocqb wrote :
My DDJ-SX it is working OK but some effects do not work like backsping... when press the effect buton to activate, the music stop wprking until you prees play again.. a new BUG?
Windows 7 core 2 duo 8 gygas in ram
DDJ-SX

Dj Quintana

check if the slider 1 is greater than 50% or go to effect-> backspin and play with the slider :)

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 4:28 pm
i did all three thing you mentioned Andres but the problem is still there... and tried to do it manually but the effect did not play...

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 4:31 pm
any way.. just was testing the effects, not really important to me but i know some people will be disappointed with this.. what i see as a big advantage to me is I HAVE NO MORE PROBLEMS With MP4 VIDEOS... this is GREAT!!! TKS VDJ TEAM.. as you know i OWN now a DDJ-SX and serato DJ and Video pligin in serato... but whit this update... I still LOVE MY VDJ...:)

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 4:37 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Also have serious problems with 7.4 and my DDJ-SX

Steps I did:
- Removed mapper & Device files
- Ran Registry tool and did a clean All
- Removed 7.3 via the uninstaller which by the way also removed all database file on my other internal drives (lucky I had a backup)
- Swapped DDJ-SX into Serato mode (page 26 of the manual)
- Installed VDJ 7.4

DDJ-SX is not working correctly with the native mapper.

- Cant swap Cue buttons (only left one is lit)
- No VU meters, no master out, seems like the mixer is not working at all, Volume & fader is moving along with the buttons on the skin
- Checked sound settings and they are OK
- Using DDJ-SX driver ver. 1.000
- DDJ-SX firmware 1.05

Same problem as Thomas mentioned earlier in this topic

used skin: Dark Default HD:1920X1080

What else to check?

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 4:41 pm
johans wrote :

- Removed 7.3 via the uninstaller which by the way also removed all database file on my other internal drives (lucky I had a backup)
What else to check?

In most cases you don't really need to uninstall the older version, the installer can update the related program files just fine.
But even if you do uninstall for any reason, you get a warning message asking you if you want to keep your settings, files and database.
Apparently you selected not to keep.

-------
Guys, let's keep this topic clean for people who want to see what's new in this release and for the first impressions.
For troubleshooting and issues with specific hardware let's move the Hardware tech support forums instead.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 5:51 pm
Can you confirm u successfully switched the unit to Serato mode?

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 5:54 pm
zacek100 wrote :
s.waterreus wrote :
still no ddj-t1 support (:

I don't think there will ever be native support for it since Pioneer marketed the unit as a Traktor only controller. But what is wrong with the mapper below? It even has support for the native Slip_mode and Loop_roll actions.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15675/Pioneer_DDJ-T1_Enhanced_Controller_Mapper.html

well, i haven't seen that one yet, will try it, tnx
must say, i've been using the software the unit is designed for and haven't been paying much attention to vdj anymore.

i'm slowly drifting away......

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 6:26 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
system crashed

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 6:49 pm
@djmila
"Invalid skin file" (error in line 0 in the xml)
This is not a crash but clear message telling you that there is something wrong with the skin you are trying to load, probably incompatible with this version or modified).
If you get this error at startup you can always use the registry tool and reset to the default skin.

Inviato Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 7:10 pm
31%