Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Songs loading slow in Windows 11
Hello,
I have NEW computer, windows 11, Core I7, 16 Gig Memory, 512 Solid State Drive, Dell Inspiron
External is a 7200 RPM Drive.
Songs are loading Slow and Searching sometimes stalls, causing playing music video to stop for a few seconds.
I have tried ALL of the Mathengine options, none make a difference. Suggestions?

Inviato Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 3:23 am
PuttePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you install VDJ in "one drive" ? i hade problems with that until i use the advance option and installed not in "one drive " very slow loading before but now its fast

Inviato Mon 10 Jan 22 @ 7:13 pm
PLEASE tell me how to do that...it was also recommended to run the program in compatibility mode for windows 10 but, once again, I don't know how to do that

Inviato Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 3:13 am
Hi check for if you have an VirtualDJ folder in one drive (if you use onedrive). if you have that - copy the folder to a safe place , usb stick , another folder on your computer like c:\ myvdjbackup .. when you have a backup .. uninstall VDJ . reboot , install VDJ again but use advance install or what the name it is.. dont use default .. install to C:\Users\yourname\Documents don´t think you run the .exe in compatbility mode, try this first , when its done restore the backup files . delete the virtualdj folder from C:\Users\yourname\Documents replace it with your virtualdj backup folder .

Inviato Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 5:20 pm
Administrator = Yourname

Inviato Tue 11 Jan 22 @ 5:34 pm
djing now...it is lagging...even when I search gets to the third letter of a search and freezes, and the video freezes...after my show, I will stay here and try that...thank you

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 12:47 am
One common cause for this is having 'file date' enabled in the VDJ browser.

Inviato Sun 16 Jan 22 @ 7:47 pm
if you have it enabled BUT only use it when necessary, and search by title or artist, and only use it when looking for a certain artist's newest song, is that ok?

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 12:58 am
imthedjguy wrote :
if you have it enabled BUT only use it when necessary, and search by title or artist, and only use it when looking for a certain artist's newest song, is that ok?

No - it will still be part of the search so the slowing down will be the same

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 22 @ 7:09 am
STILL have the problem, search is now faster but LOADING stalls for up to 1 minute when dragging to a deck...even set stems to ONLY USE PRECOMPUTED and NO RESET STEMS ON LOAD and MATH ENGINE disabled, and in WINDOWS turned off almost all priorities...still need advice

Inviato Thu 27 Jan 22 @ 12:59 am
Just re-reading your first post, you mention an external drive. Are you loading your music from that drive?

If so, have you tried loading music from your internal SSD?

Inviato Thu 27 Jan 22 @ 5:41 pm
I have found an easier way which seemed to work instantly an VDJ 2021 loads quickly, previously the program and and my new Windows 11 laptop would freeze.
Find the Virtual DJ folder (mine is C:\users\mark\OneDrive\Documents
Virtual DJ will display a cloud under "status" column
Right click the Virtual DJ Folder
Check "Always deep on this device"
The cloud will change to a green circle with a check mark. It might take a short time to change.
I did not have to uninstall and reinstall Virtual DJ 2021

Inviato Sat 14 May 22 @ 5:56 am
The “fix” in my prior post seems to still have glitches with my gig today. VDJ 2020 found all folders and playlists but had trouble with my controller, Hercules Inpulse 500. I suspect some settings are still on OneDrive. I unplugged the controller accessed the resort’s Wi-Fi and everything worked. May end up trying uninstalling vdj and doing manual install as the prior poster advised.

Inviato Mon 16 May 22 @ 5:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
OneDrive is usually one of the first things i uninstall/disable on my new computers.

Inviato Mon 16 May 22 @ 11:10 am
fernie66PRO SubscriberMember since 2015
Hello I've noticed that too on my end. I purchased a new laptop and backed up everything from my HP and reloaded it all on my new laptop. Videos take a while to load and tracks too. I have been messing with it for the last couple of day and no luck. Now this OneDrive deal i see someone said they uninstall/disable it will this fix the hiccup that I am having? I run an external drive as well that is where i load all my tracks and videos from

Inviato Thu 18 Aug 22 @ 2:01 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I'm using Windows 11, VDJ8.5, and have One Drive (Documents) without any issues. I've made sure to not let One Drive auto start while booting and have syncing disabled.

Inviato Tue 23 Aug 22 @ 3:45 am
Anyone find a fix yet?

I've tried everything and having the same issue.

New 12 core laptop disabled one drive and running music off a SSD

No stems/mathengine disabled what do I do? I've used virtual for years with HDD and never had this happen before so frustrating this laptop is a beast everywhere except for virtual DJ and I really don't want to switch programs

BTW I forgot to add I turned off the sleep mode on my external drive as well

Inviato Wed 26 Oct 22 @ 2:54 pm
turn off USB sleep as well.

Inviato Thu 27 Oct 22 @ 12:22 am
How do I turn off sleep mode on my hdd

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 23 @ 8:15 am