Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Prime GO Extended Screen Skin - Page: 3
Hi, thanks for the video. Your skin is great, but I have a problem that I'm running out of time for songs. I have Prime 4+ and a powerful laptop, so I have no idea what the problem could be

Inviato Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 8:00 am
Explain more, what "I'm running out of time for songs" means. I don't get it.

Inviato Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 8:37 am
I'm sorry for my english. It means that the time that shows the elapsed time of the recording does not run smoothly, but stops. Then it goes on and stops it. It just gets stuck

Inviato Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 10:27 am
Ah ok. Try 30fps for Skin rendering in VDJ options. Try to avoid running with large video enabled.

Inviato Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 11:16 am
I have it set to 60fps. I'll try it and let you know. Thank you very much!

Inviato Thu 28 Mar 24 @ 4:09 pm
First of all, a huge thank you to EGR for this work of incredible quality for all the (recently converted) VDJ users on Denon Prime Go. I admit that the Denon team's procrastination in offering successful management software playlist (just that) got the better of my patience. And what a joy to discover stems, easy management of a large library and so many other things in VDJ. A quality interface was missing for the Prime Go and you did it. So thank you again. I have a few questions (and perhaps) ideas to complete your work a little further.
1. On Engine DJ (I'm talking about the versions embedded in the Prime Go, II and IV), there is something not too badly done, it's the on-the-fly adjustment of the Bitgread (resetting the rhythm grid of a track). Can we do this on VDJ and if possible, again on the fly, directly on the Prime Go?
2. I discovered on the first page of this topic that it is possible to transform the Prime Go into 4 channels... great and better, you mapped a combination for that (SHIFT_PFL) -> but what does PFL correspond to on Prime Go? I searched and didn't find anything so good that I stayed on deck 3 (without being able to go back to 1).
3. You added buttons (Pitch 4/8%), it doesn't seem to have any effect on the pitch wheel, unless there is some subtlety that escapes me. I come to my question -> can we easily remap the buttons you created? I like the button (Pitch to reset), ultra-practical for gently returning to the initial pitch. I saw that in your menu you could switch to a free mode (the one that I know how to configure) but it's a bit restrictive to switch from one to the other through the menu.
4. I don't know if you will agree but I prefer the original colors (I'm talking about the Hotcue, Loop, Roll buttons for example on the Prime Go and even the colors of the decks on the screen) offering by Denon (shade of greens). Is it relatively easy to change?
Thank you in advance and many thanks again!

Inviato yesterday @ 5:18 pm
...and then suddenly, I discovered your YouTube channel, big up to this green video (https://youtu.be/ZbVsirb62TU) in the literal sense ;) What is the reference of the stand that you use as a support for Prime Go?

Inviato yesterday @ 5:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Inviato yesterday @ 5:35 pm
Hey AML87907,
thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is really appreciated.

1) Just long-press the grid edit button on the Prime GO to enter the on the fly beat-grid adjustment. It is not a separate screen, but buttons will appear to do adjustments. The jog can be used to fine tune the beat grid.

2) To switch between decks 1 and 3 you can press the displayed deck number next to the songpos element in the newest version of the skin. You can use the following script to do that on any button you wish. PFL is the cue button above the faders on the Prime Go. So I mapped SHIFT_PFL to this script device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : on & deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : on & deck 2 rightdeck

3) You are right, you can display your custom buttons on top. There you could add a pitch reset button. If you want to switch between custom buttons and fixed buttons fast, you could use a script, that you put on a button of your wish: toggle '@$primeshowfixedbuttons'

4) Regarding colors I have to say, that I am a bit color blind so that I don't think that I would do a good job of changing the whole theme. But, it wouldn't be hard to integrate a new theme, since I already use two themes for daylight and normal mode. A third one would just mean to add another config block.
I like the colors of the native Prime Engine, too. So maybe someone else could do the transformation and I integrate it into the skin.

The stand of the video is a Brocoon Laptop Stand for Mac Books.

Cheers
Jochen

Inviato yesterday @ 7:04 pm