Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TimeCoded Vinyls - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey, I'm a newbee to the timecoded procedures. I have rerad up on what I need. Right now I have everything except the soundcard. However, before I had turntables I only used the labtop and two soundcards shooting out to my mixer. My question is, from now and until I get my soundcard is there any way I could use my two sound cards and make the timecoded vinyls work? It may be stupid but I'm just so anscious to use my turntables and VDJ that I just wanna try what I can until I get the MAYA44.

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 9:35 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well if you already have 2 cards then you are all set to use the TCV, TT ---> line in and then card line out ---> mixer, if the cards do not support asio then you will have to use a small program call asio4all which will emulate asio. The maya 44 is no longer being made, you can still find some kicking around http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/700355/

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 9:47 pm
WELL, THIS IS WHAT I HAVE,

SOUNDBLASTER 24 BIT EXTERNAL CARD AND
MY LABTOPS SIGMA TEL AUDIO SOUND CARD, THINK THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ME TO DO IT?

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 9:53 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
How many inputs does the soundblaster have? I actually have one but it's not in front of me. I use it for recording. I don't think it has enough. Maybe Listen2 or others have found creative ways to work around this type of setup. You will have 2 left and 2 right outputs coming from your TT's that need a home in the soundcard. You might be able to use a splitter to go from two to one if the soundcard has at least 2 inputs.

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 10:07 pm
WELL MY SOUNDBLASTER ONLY HAS A LINE IN JACK, AND A MIC AND HEADPHONES JACK?

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 11:22 pm
you need each card to have a line in and a line out. total 2 in's (one each TT) and 2 out's (to connect to the mixer)

Inviato Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 11:57 pm
Well, my soundblaster has that, but my labtop has a line out but only a line in I guess for a mic. Is that the same?

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 12:01 am
i'm not sure , i'm not familar with a laptop card if its different, can you choose between line in/mic? it must have a input, but your getting the idea....at least you can hook one up and play.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 12:59 am
Ok, I'm like there but not there. It seems to be synchrinizing with the TT but the sound is all off, And full of static. When I go to the vinyl config options in VDJ. What should my set up be?

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 5:11 am
Well depending on what kind of TT you are using, if using techs 1200s make sure the RIAA is checked. If your using a digital TT with the option between line and phono try switching to phono and have the RIAA in VDJ checked to try and get a signal. Some TTs might give out a signal too high for VDJ and will give you no proper control since the % will not be 100%

Normally just play around with the gain setting until you get some % and then just hit auto adjust and it should get you 100% automaticly.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 5:15 am
I tried to play with it, but there is no change in the TIMECODE %. I'M USING A PAIR OF STANTON T.60
NOW, FOR SOME REASON IT'S INDICATION AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT READS "ERROR IN THE ASIO SOUND DRIVER: NOT ENOUGH CHANNELS" HUH? I NEED HELP, SO SORRY I'M REALLY BAD AT THIS. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GIVEN SO FAR.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 5:32 am
Jzafra, since your not using a true ASIO soundcard you would need to download the ASIO4ALL drivers.

They can be found here : www.asio4all.com

download them, install them and then test it out buddy.

if you have any more issues after installing the drivers let us know. and make sure you select the asio4all soundcard in VDJ after its installed.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 3:28 pm
Thanks for your help, I finally got it at one point to actually 100% but there was no control over the tracks I was playing. Then shortly after it began giving me an error message stating "INSUFFICIENT BANDWIDTH. THIS DEVICE WILL RESET TO THE DEFAULT ASIO SETTINGS." Once I hit enter to clear that message it gave me a second saying, "Error in ASIO sound driver.

When I go into the timecode config options under Soundcard in VDJ. It gives me two options on soundcards: ASIO SOUND BLASTER USB and ASIO4ALL V2. Which one do I use?

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 3:32 pm
ASIO4ALLv2 and also make sure that the soundblaster is selected inside the ASIO4ALL config menu.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 3:33 pm
Ok. when I go to the ASIO4ALL soundcard. The only thing that has green as running is my labtops sound card. The Sound Blaster is just labeled as available. Is that fine or do I have to do something.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 3:40 pm
click on the soundblaster if that's where your turntable is connected. once you click on it, click on select at the bottom of that window and the soundblaster will be selected instead.

try that out and post again.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 3:48 pm
I tried to do just like you said but this what happened.
I went into the ASIO config. and saw that my labtops sound card was selected but the Soundblaster was just identified as available in the Asio4all offline config. I just can't see where I would click on select at the bottom of that window. Maybe you could clarify a little more. Sorry for all the trouble.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 6:53 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
can you select the soundblaster card directly? try double clicking it

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 9:39 pm
When I double click nothing happens. The asio4all software I have which I downloaded from the site says it's offline. What does that mean? However, I tried what you told me again. and now in the box which shows how the red and green line are doing for each TT, is atleast showing me something. But still there is no sound nor does the TIMECODE % change, it's staying at 0%. Maybe I'm close but just missing something.

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 9:48 pm
Is there any way I could post pictures so that maybe someone who clearly see what I'm seeing. If yes, how?

Inviato Tue 29 Nov 05 @ 9:57 pm
54%