Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TimeCoded Vinyls - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hmmmm the soundblaster says its offline???

have you tried rebooting your laptop buddy? maybe try to re-install the soundblaster drivers in case.

Give those a try and get back to us Jzafra.

And to respond to the other post I'll do so here. At the moment a good USB soundcard is a bit difficult to get with 4 ins/4 outs. The Maya was a sure bet with a low price range and I know you can find some (rarely) on Ebay.

Besides the Maya you can take a look at some of the higher end M-Audio cards and I'm sure many other users can help out on selection for a USB soundcard.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 12:09 am
jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm going to go ahead and try that again. But once again thanks for your help. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out with my complicated ass problem. But I'll get back to you as soon as I can take the time to do those things.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 5:15 pm
don't worry too much jzafra, I too had issues and still do for certain things although there are always some work arounds ;)

The community is always around to help out man. So anytime you have problems just let us know and we'll help out.

Inviato Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 7:21 pm
Heyy, man I'm screaming right now. Guess what buddy, I finally got one of the tables working. YYYYEEEESSSSSSSS. Man, I'm so happy right now. This has been so frustrating, but if it wasn't for the community, I'd be looking for another program or just ready to give it all up. Wow, thank you to all who helped me in this process. You guys are what have kept me here with VDJ.

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 5:54 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Jzafra,

That's why many of us are here. This is the coolest DJ forum in the web. I'm very happy for you to get all working!

Stay Well!

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 6:42 am
Great to hear the problem is fixed with at least 1 TT jzafra,

Helping others when we know the answers becomes a simple task after a while hehe. Maybe in the near future you will also be able to assist others like yourself when they have trouble and you know the answer ;)

If you have any trouble with the other turntable just post away and we'll continue to help out.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 8:07 pm
Well as you can see, I'm an addict to this forum so once again I have another question. Like you said I finally figured out how the use the soundblaster card but now that I've been practicing with it. I notice that the sound quality isn't that good at all. I know I gotta twick something with my setting but what do you suggest I do. Also not only that but after a while of playing music on the timecoded vinyl, the sound at some point becomes distorted. How could I prevent that?

Inviato Thu 01 Dec 05 @ 11:23 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
try asio4all buffer and set it to 224 from 512, just play with the buffer a little and it might clear up, it depends on your system

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 2:56 am
Jzafra if you want check out my blog by click on my name and add me to your MSN list. I can give you some more pointers if you'd like.

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 4:41 pm
Thanks White DVL, I added you. I appreciate it.

Inviato Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 11:10 pm
Dj BalHome userMember since 2005
hi..I'm sorry for my english but I'm italian, i'm only 16 and i've a very stupid english teacher..I mean if I buy 2 xp-10 I'll be able to connect there the time coded vinyls with turntables or cdj..?thanks..

Inviato Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 3:41 pm
no the XP10s are seperate controllers. if you want to use 2 turntables or cd players you will need to have a mixer and 1 ASIO soundcard with 2 line ins and 2 line outs (both MUST be stereo) As well as the full version of VDJ since the demo only enables the use of 1 turntable.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 4:10 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have The Final Scratch 2 External Firewire Soundcard. Is this compatible?
I've been using Traktor Dj Studio 2.6 for a while with the timecode vinyl, they have even released version 3.0 now but it doesn't play back video.

Inviato Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 4:41 pm
hmmm all I can say about the GS soundcard is try it out hehe. I really couldn't tell you if its compatible since I've never tried it before and never bought FS. Maybe other VDJ users can answer you though.

Inviato Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 7:06 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
DjGazuk:

if you are able to use the soundcard from FS in Windows (like to listen to mp3s through winamp, itunes or WMP) then it should work with vdj as all windows compatible soundcards are compatible with vdj.

if the soundcard doesn't work with vdj then that means that the FS software has built-in drivers for the soundcard and doesn't let any other software use it.

Inviato Thu 08 Dec 05 @ 11:38 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
im so supprised that some computer buffs havnt ripped the thing appart and developed an asio interface driver for it.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 1:44 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
atxwreckz,

VirtualDJ TimeCoded Vinyls (TCVs) and FS Vinyls aren't compatible. VDJ use their own TCVs and only de D-Vinyl2020 is compatible too.

You have to wait until your TCVs arrive, and be pacient.

Inviato Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 8:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)