Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT FREEZES! - Page: 4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

thanks djcel! :)

Inviato Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 5:38 pm
kingdazHome userMember since 2006
hey guys.. i get the same prob.. except i get a yellow screen on my laptop.. Fn F4 works.. but it sux because there is a quick shutdown and pause.. do that at a gig and you get looks from the manager. If it happens again (which it does) then your in hot water.

I hope you guys manage to sort it out.. seems like youve talked about just about everything and so far no one has isolated the prob.. its a tough one.. keep up the good work.

Im just here to let you know that it happens to me also.. and it can happen at random.. usually between 25-55 mins into a set.. it appears to need a refresh of the graphics card.. so perhaps look into that..
but what do i know.. im just a DJ, not a tekkie..

Cheerz

Inviato Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 2:10 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i wouldnt be using a demo version to do a paid party.

Inviato Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 2:11 am
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I also had/have this problem for a long time. Right now I have no black/or other colors blank screen for almoust 2 weeks. How- In display properties I've disabled the hardware accelaration from max to to min (when your computer has severe problems- the sentence belowe).

Only other way to remove that blank screen is to go to a stand by (using board buttons) or to connect an external monitor or TV- with this last one NEVER any problems, go figure??

Inviato Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 2:41 pm
For the blank screen problem, may I ask how many people have tried changing the screen resolution? N3lson who posted Wed 14 Jun is the only one who says this solution works along with DJCyder (internal team) who wrote this:
"This problem is related to using the wrong size skin for vdj and your monitor.
if your screen resoultion is 1280x800 use a 1280x800 skin
or
set your screen resoultion to 1024x768 if you are using the defualt skin."
This solution seems to make sense to me because I have two laptops with two different resolutions and one freezes while the other does not. My laptop that never blank screen freezes with Vdj is 1024 X 768 and my laptop that frequently blank screen freezes with Vdj is 1280 X 800. The reason I'm asking other users if it has worked for them is that the occurrance is very randomly intermitent for all of us, so, it will take many of us to prove that this fix really works. If you have tried this as a fix and it has worked, or has not worked, please post your findings.
Thanks,
Johnny Only
www.djjohnnyonly.com

Inviato Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 8:46 pm
I started using VDJ early this year, after five years of using PCDJ. I think VDJ is an excellent application, but not stable. I did not experience a single freeze at any of my gigs over my years of using PCDJ. Now, I am at gigs and anticipating a freeze. I load videos and the music continue to play, but the system freezes. I have to end task and get the software restarted; why folks are standing on the dance looking at me crazy.

I have follow most of the suggestion by the support team here and other users and seem this is more of a try and error than getting a resolution.

Don't get me wrong, I love the software, just hope it can be more stable.

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)