Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with VDJ4 and EclerNUO4 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Ok did some playing around tonight. I have been playing with vdj4 without my midi and no issues. However I installed the ecler nuo4 midi and it works however occasionally VirtualDJ freezes. I can end the application and try to re launch virtual dj and get blue screen of death. I have beefy hardware. Sony Viao with fresh install of XP SP2, 2gb ram and 120gb harddrive. The blue screen of death indicated another process is running. So re did the same thing to freeze virtual dj, I am able to kill the application under running applications, however if you go and look at the running process you will see that its still running. I am unable to kill it. If Dev team needs more info please let me know.
I will continue doing some investigating to see if I can come up with solution in the mean time. Not sure how many others have ecler nuo4.

Inviato Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 5:45 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
blue screen of death? Your computer have problems. Maybe with drivers. Are you sure there in no viruses? Process that you can't kill is system process or virus.

Inviato Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 11:31 am
To second that problem. I also have a nuo4 with a Sony VIAO I just purchased a week ago so I know that any hardware on that baby is top notch for right now. I have my midi buttons mapped to effects and on two occasions, VDJ has frozen and i've had to restrart vdj, also, I got the blue screen @ one time. I was @ a gig last night and vdj4 froze 2x. I have re-installed 3.4 as a back up.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 5:01 pm
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, same happened on my laptop. I was launching an effect and the software crashed (the window blackened all I could see was the waveforms moving, I couldn't close the software). Now when I restart VDJ4 I get the blue screen saying there 's a problem with eclerusb.sys. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the NUO4 driver but it doesn't solve it. I'm going to reinstall VDJ4 from scratch and stop using the effects via midi for now.

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 6:10 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
come on guys! i am just buying nuo4 :))))

It is made for work. How it was with vdj 3.4???

maybe drivers and vdj4 aren't 100% compatible.. Some real tests have to be done as soon as possible. It could be fixed in 4.1, but you have to write what exactly is wrong.

So anybody that has nuo4, what are your experineces with VDJ 4????

Inviato Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 7:14 pm
Xeon....No problems with 3.4 all my drivers are up to date. That is one thing I cas be sure of, I own my own computer buisness dealing with servers, workstations, networks, vpns and security. I never had any issues with 3.4 and the ecler. However when running the effects with 4.0 is when I have issues, and the blue screen is virtual dj 4.0 Like I mentioned you can kill the application however process still runs in back ground and cant kill it unless you do a reboot. So there is some sort of bug, not sure if the dev team knows the problem but I am more than happy helping them trouble shoot this by doing some testing and reporting results back.

Inviato Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 12:57 am
for those who have the ecler nuo4 here, version 4 works fine when you dont have midi set-up. I use my timecoded tccd on my dennon 3500s and works great, so if you have tccd or tcv you can use vdj4.0 with no issues if configured above method. Its a set-back until devteam comes up with fix, hopefully they can look at how it was implemeted in 3.4.
Or another solution would be to run 3.4 or 4.0 at same time and use 3.4 to map the midi functions. For me I will just wait for the dev team and use vdj4.0 with out the effects.

Inviato Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 1:25 am
what is the point of NOT using the MIDI with this mixer/software combo?

I use the Ecler Nuo 4 with TCV's and video EVERY week with great success..... but I am using version 3.4

I have all my MIDI buttons mapped out for looping and setting cue points, etc. VERY USEFUL!!!

I tried version 4 and had the same problems as everyone else. Freezes and have to re-boot the computer. Not acceptable. Especially now that I see I am NOT the only one with the problem.

I hope to hear of fix in version 4.1

I really want to use the version 4 badly too...

Inviato Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 10:27 am
now has anyone else actually submitted a ticket to the dev team? If so did you hear anything? I am not sure if anyone from the dev team has an ecler nuo4 to test with. So I just created a ticket last night, so hopefully we will get some feedback.

Inviato Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:06 pm
Just created a ticket as well. If all the people whom have the same issue create tickets then we may get an answer or at least a fix soon. Tis a shame I have to wait for a fix to use this new version.

Inviato Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:23 pm
low-fat-al Did you by any chance capture the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) shoot me a PM and we can compare see if we're getting same error. Also if others with Ecler NUO4 having same issue, please screeen capture and send me a PM. I will look into debugging this and see what issue is.

Inviato Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:49 am
I didn't get the blue screen of death ... but after it freezes I have to "end task" it so I can restart the program. When I go to restart it then gives me an error with my soundcard (maya 44 -not usb) ASIO error with sound card... So I HAVE to restart my computer in order for it to work. What a pain...

Inviato Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 1:59 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just bought a NU04 a few days before I got VDJ 4. It should be with me any day now, but I'm worried.

Does the NU04 work well with PCDJ Video or Swift Elite as I'm very tempted to give them a try after the let down by version 4.

However 3.4 works (sort of). There's quite a few issues I'm not happy with. Even on my new PC (Dual Core 3.4 Ghz) Things still go jerky (yes even with SATA II drive), and even with loads of memory and a decent graphics card. As I always thought my old computer was letting it down, but turns out not to be the case because it still runs the same on my new 'suped-up' PC as it did the old one.

Also when I turn the bass, mid or trebble buttons on the Herclules Console MK1, it drasticallty alters the sound. Will this issue be fixed with the NU04 or is that a software problem too?

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 1:29 am
nope....

you replied to my Ticket I created and you didn't address the problem or I guess you didn't understand it...

It doesn't work perfectly.

It worked before in version 3.4 and I didn't have to install anything but the VDJ and Nuo USB drivers.

The shortcuts are not the problem so posting new upgraded shortcuts is not going to fix it.

It is a communication problem between the software and the mixer. It has to do the software more than anything because it worked PERFECTLY with version 3.4

Inviato Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 11:01 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Well I know the guy who works without a problem with his Nuo4, so I can't tell you what is your issue, but I can tell he works fine with VDj 4 and Nuo4 (with also UC33 in the same setup) so as soon as I saw him on line he could give you a step by step configuration...

do you remember the BCD-2000 claims?? and now we know that some software were the problem. When we test VDJ 4 (over 6 months) some of beta testers has Nuo4 so you can be sure it was tested with VDJ 4. some configuration or something else isn't in there that is in here with you, we have to figure it out.

Inviato Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 11:18 am
damarviPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I found the solution in the following post:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/54336/General_Discussion/V4_midi_shortcuts_converter.html.

I use the mixer NU04 and the controller midi UC33e in VDJ's version 4 .. 1 and I do not have problems as for configuration midi it she refers.

What does not work correctly is the pre listens for that in the versi'no 4 one cannot forms in an advanced way the sound card

Luck.

Attentivly:

DAVID BIT
Vip Member
Radio DJ Resident in.
http://radio.virtualdj.com

VALENCIA- SPAIN

Inviato Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 10:47 pm
stefdjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,
i too have had problem with ecler nuo4 /vdj4.
all major functions have been mapped out ie. channels eq, faders , etc............no problems with them at all. I have also set up nu04 to transmit midi note on /note off messages on the pots as oppose to control messages, i can therefore program 1 pot to scroll through the samples available and then push it to play the sample. all this works really well. However if i try the same set up with the effects it freezes, fairly randomly but it will always freeze, i dont get any death screen but obviously have to control alt del. and restart vdj. Strangely on deck 2 it worked with the effects for a while, but not on deck 1, then in between freezes it swapped , worked on one not on 2.( strange)
I havn't used 3.4 so i dont know if it would work or not.
You guys may well have a far better idea why this is happening than me, but do think it is possible that because the samples are defined by a number ie 1/siren . 2/ etc.etc
and the effects are not vdj is getting confused somehow?????????????????(value =+1)
Any thoughts would be useful.

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 11:52 pm
well in regards to acw_dj it does not work. I have a fresh install of windows xp with the drivers for NUO4. I also have Virtual DJ4.1 installed, needless to say same thing happens 4.1 freezez Music play's but have to ctrl+ald+del to kill virtualdj.exe

This problem didnt exist in 3.4 I am waiting for DJCyder to contact me so that we can work this issue out. Now if there is a setting within vdj4.1 than pleas post so that all of us with problems can go over our config.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 3:28 pm
I too would like to know, the config, for comparison. I am having a new sound card delivered with midi control(native kontrol 1), so i will try it with that, although i dont think it will help

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 7:02 pm
i find it rather annoying that nobody from the team have attempted to answer this issue. There is definately a problem here and it would be nice if someone could atleast look in to it

Inviato Tue 24 Oct 06 @ 1:25 am
74%