Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Intel Core 2 Duo Chips - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I want to build a new machine, and need info on the Intel Core 2 Duo chip and VDJ. I am not interested in laptops, but will listen to any relevent info. Are there any known issues with the chip, and this software? If you are using one, what are the pros and cons?

Inviato Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 11:14 am
I've used Intel Pentium D (Dual Core Proc) with VDJ and there seems to be no dual core/dual proc related issues with the software. That's my experience at least.

Inviato Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 11:55 am
C'mon, there must be others.

Inviato Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 7:26 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a core 2 duo 1.67, and it runs very well.
I don't have a ton of experience with it yet, but it seems to work the way I need it to so far.

Inviato Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 7:33 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Dual core 2.17 here. Works great!

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 2:04 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
extreme edution 6800... pwns vdj :D super cool preformance... less than a ms of latency and doesnt stress video(could be due to my 7950gx2 and 8800GTX)

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 6:12 pm
I'll add that my 2.0Ghz Pentium D (Dual Core) will run circles around my 3.0Ghz Pentium 4 CPU. The data bandwidth and raw processing power of the Pentium D makes it a whole lot faster. I would highly recomend Core 2 Duo or other dual core processors. When the price comes down on the Core 2 Extreme (Quad Core), I'd say those would be a good choice too.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 6:27 pm
Are any of these desktops? I am getting ready to build a new machine, and am just trying to find the pros and cons.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 8:50 pm
sorry.. laptop here :)
but it should be even better with desktop :)

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:00 pm
xeon wrote :
sorry.. laptop here :)
but it should be even better with desktop :)

Are you doing video?

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:19 pm
I tryed video and it works like it should :)

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:28 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Are any of these desktops? I am getting ready to build a new machine, and am just trying to find the pros and cons.

My desktops have dual Xeon processor but no dual core., they also don't run VDJ. The only dual core I have are laptops.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 10:28 pm
vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Laptop here as well, with 1.83 and it works flawlessly with the right settings.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 10:44 pm
Then what are the wrong settings that he may run into(or that I might when my shuttle dual-core comes in).

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 3:30 am
Laptop here Too. Dual 1.66 Core 2, running Smooth with nvidia 7600GO for videos.

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 4:24 am
Mines Desktop.

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 8:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 12:36 am
@cstoll
Great info. Since I don't play games, I probably never would have found it. However, I think this is something we all need to at least take a look at. I will at least know what to look out for when I upgrade.
Thanks again. Keep the info coming.

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 7:39 am
Ill give you heads up. Wait for Quadro. lol

Dunno what intel are playing at, but i would have lost alot of money by the time the new chips come out... there comming out too quick.... the slower you updrade... the more money you loose.

I couldn't wait for quadro, had and having to many gigs comming on. Ill probably buy quadro when it firsts comes out and sell the other chip.

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 7:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what would be a great development is if the holographic memory expermients

are sucessful ,

then data can be sent inside the computer at the speed of light

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 8:00 pm
63%