FRONT & REAR PANELS
- MASTER OUT - RCA Alternative Un-Balanced Master Output. Connect your powered speakers or power amp here using RCA type cables. The level of this output is controlled by the MASTER VOL knob at the top panel
- MASTER OUT BALANCED Balanced Master Output. Connect your powered speakers or power amp here using XLR type cables. The level of this output is controlled by the MASTER VOL knob at the top panel
- BOOTH OUT Balanced Booth Output. Connect your Booth monitor speaker to this socket, using 1/4" TRS cables. The level of this output is controlled by the BOOTH VOL knob at the top panel
- INPUTS These sockets input sound to a mixer channel and supports both LINE and PHONO devices. The signal of each input will go through the respective mixer channel, if the Source button (top panel) is turned off. These inputs are part of the USB Audio Interface, and support Timecode-DVS and Live Inputs. See Advanced Setup.
- 2 x MIC INPUTS. Connect your microphones to these socket using XLR or TRS plugs.
- USB. This USB connection sends and receives audio and control information from a connected computer.
- POWER: Use the provided AC/DC power adapter to connect Kontrol S8 to a power outlet. Use the Power Switch to turn the unit on and off. Turn on S8 after all input devices have been connected and before you turn on amplifiers. Turn off amplifiers before you turn off the S8
Kontrol S8 - Front panel
- CF ASSIGN. Assign a Mixer Channel to a side (A=Left or B=Right) of Crossfader, or choose the THRU position for the channel's output to be independent of the CF position.
- CF CURVE. Adjust the Crossfader behavior from Cut/Scratch to Smooth
- HEADPHONES SOCKET. Connect your 1/4" or 1/8" headphones to this output for cueing and mix monitoring. The level of this output is controlled from the top panel